Business Solutions Apprentice with M&G plc - Advanced (Level 3)
M&G PRUDENTIAL PLC
BPP PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION LIMITED
The individual will gain experience of a wide range of operational activities required to launch new products and will interact with a range of teams across the investment business.
This apprenticeship will give the successful candidate a practical introduction to the management and operation of an investment firm, whilst providing early exposure to a range of business experiences.
About M&G plc:
M&G plc is a leading savings and investments business which was formed in 2017 through the merger of Prudential plc’s UK and Europe savings and insurance operation and M&G Investments, its wholly owned international investment manager.
In March 2018, Prudential plc announced its intention to demerge the company with a premium listing on the London Stock Exchange. As an independent company, M&G plc has a single corporate identity and continues with two customer-facing brands: Prudential for savings and insurance customers in the UK and Europe and for asset management in South Africa and M&G Investments for asset management clients globally.
At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
About Business Solutions:
The Business Solutions team is responsible for ensuring the investment business is operationally ready to support new products and investment mandates. This involves ensuring the operating models are set up in accordance with our target operating model blueprints and that all investment activity can be supported at the point of launch. This involves impact assessment of operating models and coordination of the associated set up activity across multiple operational teams.
- Perform end-to-end set-up and complete operational readiness (configuration) activities associated with transition events (e.g. product launch, product maintenance and enhancement, and closures)
- Work with external parties (Custodians, Third Party Administrators) to implement operating models
- Conduct testing of successful transition set-up and any new processes
- Ensure procedures and risk / controls frameworks are complied with and kept up-to-date
- Contributes to continuous improvement initiatives and ideas to ensure that processes remain standardised and efficiencies
- This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding
- If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department
- Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s)
- BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries or would like more information
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to provide clear and concise updates to stakeholders
- Good planning and analysis skills, and able to multi-task working to tight deadlines
- Proactive and delivery focused attitude to completing work
- Attention to detail and completing tasks accurately and error-free, in a timely manner
- Confident individual
- Positive outlook
- Strong desire to learn
- Keen to start their career in a financial services environment
- Manage time effectively
- An inquisitive, can-do attitude
- Efficient and methodical approach within their work role
- As a minimum, candidate will have 5 GCSEs with good grades in maths and English A-C (8-4) or 2 years of Experience of an office or business environment
- As an Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Investment Operations Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
- The Apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.