This degree-level apprenticeship will earn you a BA (Hons) Degree in Business and Management Practice, certified by Oxford Brookes University. The degree will focus on the theory behind a range of business functions, such as Retail Intelligence, Consumer Intelligence and Operations. Upon completion of the end stage assessment you will be awarded CMI status as part of the apprenticeship programme.
As an apprentice, you will be working at NielsenIQ’s UK Head Office in Oxford, with allocated days to attend university and study time within working hours. You will be completing your study at Abingdon and Witney college with your degree being certified by Oxford Brookes University.
In order to gain an understanding of the business, and to utilise your skill set, you will have 3 yearly rotations throughout the business, focusing on different skills such as sales, analytics and project management.
Duties will include:
- To provide a professional service to our clients via different methods of communication (email, telephone, onsite visits)
- Support the drive of client satisfaction through building and maintaining effective client relationships
- Perform analysis and interpretation of data to provide insights and add value to our clients
- To work on internal projects to support business objectives
- Support the driving of sales and contract renewal process
Mentor and coach future apprentices to support them through their programme
Upon successful completion, wherever possible, our apprentices are offered permanent positions within the Company.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role. Should the right candidate be found prior to the closing date, then the vacancy may be closed early.
Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session:
Any new person applying for apprenticeship roles where Abingdon and Witney College deliver the training will be required to attend an Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session at Witney or Abingdon campus.
This will consist of a series of initial assessments (required prior to any apprenticeship offer), completion of essential paperwork, the opportunity to find out more about the apprenticeship process, the training included, and a forum for your questions.
As a new Apprenticeship applicant you will only have to undergo this process once. If you would like to talk to us about the assessments or if you would need any extra support to attend the Apprenticeship Assessment and Information Session please call us on 01235 216216.
By applying for this vacancy you are giving Abingdon and Witney College permission to undertake a Learner Record Service check on your previous qualifications. We make every effort to ensure that applicants from non-traditional academic backgrounds or those who may not have the formal GCSE entry requirements can access apprenticeships where possible.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Problem solving and solutions oriented
- Able to assign appropriate priorities when managing workload
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills across all media, including phone, web chat and email.
- A passion for technology
- Customer focused with a desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- Capable as working as part of a team
- Focused with a passion to succeed
- Studying for a degree whilst working in a fast-moving industry like ours can be demanding and challenging, but the hard work pays off
- We look for individuals who are customer focused with a desire to ensure customer satisfaction
- You’ll need excellent communication and teamwork skills and be able to organise a varied workload
- We look for individuals with plenty of drive, passion and self-motivation that can bring a new way of thinking to a team
Three passes at GCSE (grades 9-4/A*-C) or O-Level (grades A*-C/8-4), including maths and English Language.
Plus one of the following:
- A minimum of two A Level (grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent)
- A 6-unit Vocational A Level
- A National Certificate or Diploma or other equivalent qualification, such as GNVQ/NVQ or other Level 3 vocational qualification
This degree-level apprenticeship will earn you a BA Hons Degree in Business and Management with Oxford Brookes and Abingdon & Witney College. Apprentices will learn how to supervise or manage teams of people, including effective communication and decision making skills, information technology skills, and techniques for leading and inspiring team members. At higher levels, apprentices will develop leadership skills, including self-management, coaching and mentoring, relationship building, and negotiation and influencing skills.
The delivery model of the apprenticeship will be; work-based training, term time day release for three years and off the job training will account for at least 20% of an apprentice’s time at work.
The course content is:
- Year 1 modules: Introduction to Marketing, Digital Information for Business, Managing Business Operations, Internal and External Customer Communications, Business and Management Concepts, Personal Development Accounting for Business
- Year 2 modules: Managing Work Performance, Business Project, Business and Finance, Human Resource Management in Practice, Project Management, Strategic Management, Developing Managing Capabilities
- Year 3 modules: Managing Quality and Risk, Work Based Project, Leading and Managing Change, Developing Self and Others, Strategic Futures, Insight and Design
- Year 4: development of portfolio, including 360 degree feedback