Leonardo’s four-year Business Degree Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a degree qualification in management and business; either BA (Hons); BSc (Hons) or BBA (Hons). You will work alongside specialists while completing a series of rotational placements – specifically focused across our Procurement and Finance areas, but also including Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Finance and Project Management across the company that will provide you with a secure platform from which to launch your Leonardo Career.
You will learn how various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered, and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers. Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices. There may also be opportunities for travel between the Company’s UK and international sites.
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, patience and problem solving as well as a need to comply with safety and process compliance at all times. We also view dependability to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Key Responsibility Areas:
The Leonardo Business Apprenticeship is structured around a programme of placements that will see you move around the business over a 4-year period designed to give you as much experience of and exposure to an international business environment as possible. This will help you identify areas that interest/excite you and also give you a wider understanding of how a global business operates.
An example of placements and the typical duties may include:
- Providing support to one or more of the company projects working alongside experienced project managers where you will learn the fundamentals of the Project Management
- You will support Bid Managers in winning business through the generation of successful proposals and securing customer needs through a 'Bid' on a tender opportunity
- Working as part of the Commercial team you will gain an insight into the exciting world of contract management, offering support to customer negotiations to secure new business and support programmes
- Working within the Procurement team you will help build and maintain strategic relationships with our suppliers. Supplier relations are essential for successful and cost-effective delivery on programmes
Marketing and sales:
- You will be involved in securing new business for Leonardo by supporting both front end and internal marketing activity to capture profitable contracts
Year 1 & 2:
You will gather real work evidence on day-to-day tasks completed to highlight the key business competencies you have demonstrated as you undertake rotational placements across the business. You will be required to complete a portfolio of this evidence, demonstrating that you are developing into a well-rounded businessperson through on-the-job training and are gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed. This targeted learning allows you to develop into a valuable member of the department.
Year 3 & 4 – (HM/ATO need to outline and indicate the final placement) which will enable you to provide the final pieces of evidence required to move into the assessment phase and complete your Apprenticeship.
Potential to progress upon completion of this apprenticeship.
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22 billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select App degree nonSTEM.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (contributory)
- Cycle to work initiative
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Develop customer focus
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Good communication skills
- Want continuous improvement
- Able to work together
- 3 A levels at grades A*-C (or equivalent)
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
- An alternative Level 3 qualification, which must be a business-related subject (or equivalent)
Note: If the applicant has no ‘A levels’ but has achieved a BTEC Extended Diploma in Engineering we will accept the application, with the caveat around attending the maths bridging course based on existing mathematics qualifications. The ,=maths taught in this course does not carry any credit towards your degree. Each application will be considered individually in consultation with our partnering university.
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 2 x A Levels at grades A*- C (or equivalent) one of which must be English, maths or a Business related subject
- GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language, maths and a science plus 2 subjects
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 young people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers.
Degree qualification in management and business; either BA (Hons); BSc (Hons) or BBA (Hons)