Looking for a great start to your career in technology, earning and learning on a professionally accredited, award-winning scheme? We are looking to recruit the experts of the future on our nationally recognised, award-winning Apprenticeship Programme.
You will be working within world class facilities regardless of which site you are based. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between the Company’s UK sites to meet with colleagues, customers and suppliers.
How this role fits in:
Leonardo’s two-year Business Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a level 3 standard in Business and Administration. You will work alongside specialists while completing a series of rotational placements – in areas such as Sales & Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Finance, Project Management and operations– across the company that will springboard you into the world of business.
You will learn how various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered, and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers. Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices. There may also be opportunities for travel between the Company’s UK and international sites.
The role is to support the Sales, Marketing and Bid Management Function through a series of placements within the functions and the Line of Business within the Cyber Division. It will involve working independently and as part of a team both in the office and remotely.
The role will provide you with exposure to Sales, Marketing and Bid Management people, tools and processes with the opportunity to take a leading role in some activities to develop your practical, technical and personal skills by carrying out a wide variety of tasks including:
- Engaging in regular communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining Client relations
- Bid and Proposal development
- Knowledge Management
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, patience and problem solving as well as a need to comply with safety and process compliance at all times. We also view dependability to the programme and learning objectives very highly
Key responsibility areas:
- Working with Bid Managers to plan reviews collate Phase Review certificates and record/monitor actions
- Works with Bid Teams to structure their proposals, capture the key win themes and messages and determine how to flow these into the proposal
- Works with the Campaign/Bid Team to produce Executive Summaries for Proposals
- Understands how to use market and competitor data to construct winning bids
- Creates and manages a shared data environment for stakeholder information, marketing collateral, proposals, reference material and reusable graphics
- Working with the sales team to support framework opportunities (new and existing)
- Generate your own customer interactions and contacts to support development of pipeline opportunities
- Producing & presenting sales information to customers utilising the entire Cyber and Physical Security portfolio of products and Services
- Work with the Business Winning team to manage sales information collation and reporting to and for the Senior Management Team
- Assist the Marketing team in developing and delivering focussed and targeted marketing campaigns
- Support the identification, coordination and organisation of events and corporate exhibitions where required
- Develop Cyber reference material for reuse
- Work with marketing in design and deliver our messaging to our defined markets via multiple channels in collaboration with our corporate marketing function
- Provide market intelligence and competitor analysis to the business at a divisional and group level
- Input into the corporate strategy for Leonardo Cyber Security Division
You will gather real work evidence on day-to-day tasks completed to highlight the key business competencies you have demonstrated. You will be required to complete a folder of this evidence, demonstrating that you are developing into a well-rounded businessperson through on-the-job training and are gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed.
Following completion of several placements, you will enter a final placement, becoming more focused on one particular discipline. This targeted learning allows you to develop into a valuable member of the department and will provide you with the final pieces of evidence required to move into the assessment phase and complete your Apprenticeship standard.
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around.
Don’t delay – these roles attract high competition so APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select App level 3 nonSTEM.
Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance - Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business.
- Ability to achieve high performance
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Interest in Sales, marketing and/or business development in a Cyber environment
- Good at multi-tasking
- Italian or another language would be useful, but is not mandatory
- Interest in Cyber and/or Physical Security solutions and services.
- Some experience of copy writing preferred
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Can assimilate important information quickly
- Can adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Can actively collaborate to identify needs, look for innovative solutions and get people working together
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
2 x A Levels (A*- C) one of which must be English, maths or a Business-related subject (or equivalent).
An alternative Level 3 qualification, which must be a business-related subject and GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide.
We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards.
Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the care of the next generation of engineers.