This is a fantastic chance for the right person to gain a qualification through practical experience in a busy office environment and through spending time learning in an educational setting. You will receive comprehensive training and development opportunities throughout your apprenticeship.
Our administration team provides a comprehensive business support to the Gloucester safeguarding and Assessment teams.
The team is part of the wider Children’s Social Care team that meets the needs of vulnerable children, young people and families throughout Gloucestershire. We are a developing, efficient and comprehensive business support service.
We are looking for a candidate who is keen to develop their skills in administration and contribute to a more innovative way of working. They must, therefore, be adaptable, have excellent communication skills and have the ability to prioritise workload.
This is what we need you to do...
- To undertake administrative duties to support the business needs of the Team and the wider service area using, where appropriate, computer-based systems, to ensure that services are maintained effectively, flexibly and in a timely way so as to enable the service area and organisation to meet it objectives
- To provide support with financial matters including electronic procurement packages, petty cash and accurate recording of purchases for budget monitoring purposes
- To facilitate meetings, seminars and workshops. Including booking rooms / venues, sending invites, preparing agendas and support for meetings as required
- Diary management where appropriate
Could lead to a full-time position.
- Assist in the implementation of the organisation’s equal opportunities objectives with particular reference to any targets / positive actions set out in the [Fairness & Diversity Strategy]
- To adhere to all organisation Health and Safety policies and procedures and other policies and procedures applicable to employees
- Some positions will be subject to an enhanced CRB disclosure
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Customer focussed internally and externally
- Experience of Microsoft Office Packages, e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone skills and manner
- Ability to use the internet in an efficient manner in finding information and undertaking research
- Ability to manage own workload and work on own initiative, dealing with conflicting priorities and able to meet demands of working in a busy office environment through commitment to working to deadlines
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team worker
- Commitment to team working across the service area
- Flexible approach to working and providing administrative support as required
Educated to GCSE level in mathematics and English to grade C/4 or above plus three additional GCSEs Grades A*-C (9-4).
Business Apprenticeship (Level 3).
The successful applicant will receive Induction and training appropriate to the activities he or she will undertake, and during this induction period will be enrolled to the (Level 3) Business Apprenticeship with the Training Provided.