Leonardo's two-year Business Apprenticeship provides a wealth of learning and development opportunities whilst gaining a level 3 standard in Business and Administration. You will work alongside specialists while completing a series of rotational placements - in areas such as Sales and Marketing, Commercial, Procurement, Finance, Project Management and operations - across the company that will springboard you into the world of business.
- You will learn how various business areas operate, discovering how projects are run, managed and delivered, and having opportunities to liaise with customers and suppliers
- Later in the apprenticeship, you will provide coaching and guidance to junior team members and/or apprentices
- There may also be opportunities for travel between the Company's UK sites
You will study with one of our academic partners for completion of a Business Level 3 Apprenticeship. This will be achieved by completing the Business Administrator standard (ST0070).
We need people who understand the importance of our Customers and are ready to commit to working in the business, whilst also committing to a 2 year learning programme. At the end of the programme, you will work as a highly qualified member of our Procurement / Commercial community involved in a variety of world leading products.
Who would suit this role?
Leonardo values people that look to always develop throughout their career and along with an eager willingness to learn, a successful apprenticeship with Leonardo involves a drive to deliver results, sometimes from your own initiative, patience and problem solving as well as a need to comply with safety and process compliance at all times. We also view dependability to the programme and learning objectives very highly.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will gather real work evidence on day-to-day tasks completed to highlight the key business competencies you have demonstrated. You will be required to complete a folder of this evidence, demonstrating that you are developing a well-rounded business knowledge through on-the-job training and are gaining the essential practical skills needed to succeed.
Following completion of several placements, you will enter a final placement, becoming more focused on one particular discipline. This targeted learning allows you to develop into a valuable member of the department, and will provide you with the final pieces of evidence required to move into the assessment phase and complete your Apprenticeship
Leonardo values people with a passion for technical analysis, judgement and problem-solving. We reward commitment with a competitive remuneration and flexible benefits package including:
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 33 days holiday and flexible working arrangements
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Cycle to Work initiative
- Custom Working Model - supporting health and wellbeing and Inclusion and Diversity
- Please note that in order to apply for this opportunity you must be eligible for UK Security Clearance. Normally this is to the level of Security Check (typically known as “SC”) for our business
- A career in the defence industry rewards over 162,000 people and generates a £22billion turnover. Come and be a part of a community and work with some of the most talented engineers in the UK on some of the most exciting projects around
- Don’t delay - these roles attract high competition so apply now to avoid disappointment. When applying on HireVue please select Apprentice level 3 non STEM
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Want continuous improvement
- Develop customer focus
- Able to work together
- Demonstrate self-awareness and confidence
- Can assimilate important information quickly
- Can adapt quickly to changing circumstances
- Can actively collaborate to identify needs, look for innovative solutions and get people working together
You must have (as a minimum) the following academic qualifications:
- 2 x A Levels (A*- C) one of which must be English, Maths or a Business related subject
- An alternative Level 3 business related qualification
- GCSE (Grade 4 - 9 / A*- C) in Maths and English
- Leonardo prides itself on recruiting the very best. Our companies run flourishing graduate and apprentice schemes for some 400 people nationwide
- We actively participate with other educational and engineering partners to help shape and develop the training and qualifications we offer to ensure that our future apprenticeship schemes continue to meet the expectation of our applicants and to match local and national standards
- Boasting a current retention rate that has seen 95% of apprentices stay with our companies at the end of their schemes, Leonardo understands that the future of its high-tech business rests in the hands of the next generation of engineers
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard: