What will the apprentice be doing?
Purpose of the Job:
- Provide administrative/ clerical/ business support to a team of staff, to assist in the smooth running of the service and take a proactive role in relation to its day to day functioning.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Update, modify, input and retrieve data on computerised systems using the appropriate software, preparing standard and non-standard reports, cross checking data held on different systems to ensure accuracy.
- Support the day to day clerical and administrative functions of the service, in addition to the monitoring of emails and telephone messages for appropriate team members.
- Maintaining and monitoring office systems, including database entry and electronic filing, and uploading key documents, in line with the Records Management Policy, GDPR, data protection and Freedom of Information protocols.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with schools, parents, internal colleagues, managers and key stakeholders through e-mail, telephone and in person, offering advice and information. Working in a confident and well organized manner, able to re-prioritise as needed when faced with unexpected tasks.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administration Apprenticeship Level 3
- Full Induction to Kent County Council
- Additional training specific to the role eg systems etc
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as senior support roles etc.
Reality CheckThis post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Skills RequiredIT skills, Organisation skills, Team working, Initiative, Interpersonal skills, Self motivated, Importance of confidentiality
Qualifications RequiredOther None (Grade N/A) Desired