What will the apprentice be doing?
- As our apprentice, you will be provide vital administrative support to the Investment Property Office team, taking on a variety of progressively more demanding activities as your skills and experience grow
- You will be fully trained to undertake basic financial administration as instructed by the team (e.g., raising purchase orders)
- You will edit documents in Word or PowerPoint, such as reports and presentations
- You will support the team with practical arrangements for internal and external meetings
- You will act as a first point of contact, meeting and greeting visitors and supplementing the onsite reception services
- You will help to coordinate online and hybrid meetings
- You will manage transport arrangements for the team when necessary (e.g., booking taxis)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This apprenticeship is fully aligned to the level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, which is the qualification you will achieve on completion
- Off the job training takes the form of two full-day live virtual workshops each month. This is supplemented by regular skills coaching
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Apprenticeships at Imperial are offered as fixed-term contracts that are long enough for you to complete your training successfully. Towards the end of your contract, you will be supported to identify ongoing administrative opportunities at the College and will be supported to make an application.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Administrative skills, Time management, Experience with MS packages, Use of email and internet, Respect for confidentiality, Data inputting skills
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C (9-4)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C (9-4)) Essential