Business and Administration Apprentice - Intermediate (Level 2)
Gloucestershire NHS Foundation Trust
GLOUCESTERSHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Post Room Apprentice to complete an Intermediate Level (Level 2) Apprenticeship in Business and Administration and gain valuable experience working in an acute hospital environment
This apprenticeship vacancy would be suitable for those who have an interest in pursuing a career in Postal services
The Post Room apprentice would be managed by the Transport and Postal Services Manager and be supported to carry out core postal tasks:
- To provide reliable, responsive and high-quality postal service to all wards and departments capable of meeting the requirements of Our Trust and other NHS bodies
- Effectively communicate with hospital staff, colleagues and members of the general public
- Ensuring that a high quality and efficient postal service is delivered to all wards and departments within Trust
The Postal Service undertakes the delivery of all internal and external mail at Cheltenham General and Gloucestershire Royal Hospitals. This includes the sending of external mail using the Royal Mail Clean Mailing system, which uses pre-paid envelopes as ordered by wards/departments.
To ensure all incoming external and internal mail is promptly sorted ready for delivery.
- Outgoing Mail
To ensure all outgoing external mail is correctly packaged and entered on to the relevant documents ready for collection from the postal service provider, ensuring relevant receipting for special or recorded deliveries.
- Post Rounds
To undertake deliver and collection rounds for mail from the post room to departments and offices around the sites accurately and in a timely manner.
To maintain the day to day security of post and the post room, ensuring standards of confidentiality are adhered to at all times.
- Customer Service
To maintain good customer relations with wards, departments and colleagues, as well as ensuring that a responsive and efficient service is provided to these areas and to other healthcare units around the County.
All employees must maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and cleanliness. Personal appearance must be neat tidy and clean whilst on duty. Where uniforms are provided, they should be worn at all times in accordance with the uniform policy.
- Manual Handling
To have an understanding of manual handling procedures and policies, adhering to all safety training.
- To attend all mandatory components of the Apprenticeship Framework including:
- Corporate Induction
- GHNHSFT mandatory training
- Department based vocational assessments
- Progress review meetings
- Additionally, at ten months into the programme you are required to meet with a member of the Lifelong Learning team to discuss careers advice and guidance
- To undertake training as required and agreed with the mentor, supervisor and external assessor and complete the competencies relevant to the work department
- Promote equality at all times and respect privacy and confidentiality, acting appropriately and professionally upon any sensitive information in accordance with Trust Policy
- To fully participate in the Trusts appraisal system review and personal development planning process on an annual basis as well as maintain and complete the Level 2 Business and Administration Apprenticeship Framework within the time frame
- Undertake any other appropriate duties, commensurate with the role as required at the request of your supervisor
- Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post and as agreed with line manager as part of the personal development planning process
- Achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales
- Contribute positively to the effectiveness and efficiency of the team
- Contribute to a healthy and safe working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations and Trust policies
Further career development/future job opportunities.
Most challenging part of the job
- There will be a need to develop personally and professionally whilst maintaining the needs of the service
- Working to tight deadlines for the collection and delivery of mail
Effort and working conditions
- Mental effort required to process large quantities of data in an accurate and timely manner
- The ability to work under own initiative in dealing with day to day matters concerning post.
- There will be a requirement for manual handling
Adult Education are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be invited into College as part of our screening process.
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake self-development
- Educated to GCSE Level or equivalent Grade D/(3) English, or equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills Level 1) and mathematics Grade D/(3) or equivalent (e.g. Functional Skills Level 1 Numeracy) or equivalents
The apprentice will receive Induction and training appropriate to the activities he or she will undertake and will be enrolled to the Intermediate Level (Level 2) Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
Qualification Credit Framework (QFC) Diploma in Business & Administration Level 2 (competency element – demonstration of practical skills; techniques and/or knowledge required to perform in the job role)
Technical Certificate in Principles of Business Administration (Level 2)
Functional Skills (Level 1)
- English (written and spoken English) (Level 1)
- Mathematics (analysing and presenting data in appropriate formats) (Level 1)
- Information Communication Technology (Level 1)
- Health and Safety and Employee rights and responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (to encourage the thinking processes of skills and tasks within the working environment
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.