Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our IT team, working on supporting and transforming our IT systems within our Distribution business Segment.
Combining work and education, this role allows you to take steps in starting or changing your career.
Studying for a L4 Business Analyst apprenticeship whilst gaining first-hand experience as a valued member of our team; seeing how a major global organization operates and developing the knowledge, skills and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry and power your potential!
We welcome candidates from all backgrounds, so it doesn’t matter whether you’ve recently left school or are looking for a career change later in life, we’d love to hear from you!
The role will be hybrid, meaning there will be a mix of onsite and remote working.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Analysis of business problems, using business analysis tools and techniques whilst driving business process improvement initiatives
- Identifying, designing, evaluating, and building IT solutions to meet the needs of our business stakeholders
- Leading project initiatives from inception to completion at varying stages of their project lifecycle
- Maintaining existing IT systems and understanding their interaction with business processes
- Helping deploy new IT systems, including testing support, end user training, supporting business / IT Compliance and Internal Controls, providing team coordination, administration and operational support
- Involvement in Cross functional / Cross Business Unit / Global initiatives
- Participating in community and charity initiatives
- Designing and building business report using tools such as: Power BI and even intermediate level coding in Oracle SQL
What we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Curiosity and strong desire to learn new things and improve self development
- Passion for IT and technology in making a better world
- Creative mindset in applying technology to find innovative solutions to solve business problems
- Ability to quickly absorb and learn new technologies as the rate of advancement in technology continues to push boundaries.
- Attention to detail in understanding business and technical processes.
- Must be a team player able to work as part of a team with the ability to manage own workload and balance multiple tasks/projects at one time.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms.
- Most of our candidates would have achieved at least 96 UCAS points (three Cs at A levels) but we will also accept any other equivalent academic or professional experience.
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- Level 3 Qualification + at least 12 months of work experience* + robust onboarding plan (learner must work in the organisation for 3 months before signing up)
- OR business-related degree e.g: business, finance, economics, maths, etc.
- OR non-business-related degree + at least 6 months of work experience*
- OR existing staff member with 2+ years of work experience**
*Work experience relates to any valid work experience
**Existing staff work experience should not be in a business analyst role
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
The apprenticeship will be delivered by QA, compromising of Level 4 certificate in Business Analysis, followed by Level 5 and Level 6 certificate in Digital Technology solutions.
These courses will complement your subject-specific education with a professional and personal development programme that builds your resilience, interpersonal and commercial skillset.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.