Business Analyst Apprentice - Higher (Level 4)
NFU Mutual Insurance Society Ltd
ASSIST KNOWLEDGE DEVELOPMENT LIMITED
We are fully committed to the professional development of our people and this is no different for apprentices. This role includes on and off the job training, leading to the achievement of a Business Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Business Analysts are respected for their ability to analyse problems, develop solutions and bridge the gap between technical and non-technical staff. The Business Analyst helps to make sure that organisations don’t waste money and time on projects or investments that don’t meet customers’ needs.
This role is a key part within projects and areas of change that improve business operations through the correct use of information systems. This is the highest level of apprenticeship on offer in this field of work and is equivalent to a Foundation Degree.
The scheme is designed to fully support you professionally, giving you practical work experience, supplemented with a professional study programme.
- To engage with stakeholder's to understand the need for and deliver business change in line with their requirements, with appropriate supervision
- To manage the stakeholders expectations by producing the appropriate analysis deliverables for specific and defined pieces of change
- To scope and deliver work packages that meet the customer’s requirements and identify and plan for the management of key dependencies
- Monitor the delivery of work packages and communicate progress to the responsible Business Analyst or Business Analyst Manager to ensure project and business objectives are met and scope or timeline changes are identified
- Deliver short term/one off projects and activities as required by and to the standards and outcomes agreed with line manager
- Take responsibility for completing the actions, training and assessments within the business analyst apprenticeship scheme in the relevant timescales
- Continually develop to achieve professional and personal skills to the level and standards required to progress from the apprenticeship scheme
New opportunities to learn and develop.
- More than anything, it is attitude and approach that matter. You’ll have experience of gaining information from others to resolve problems and the ability to manage your own workload
- Great written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate at different levels will be important, along with evidence of proactively seeking new opportunities to learn and develop
- Business focus
- Delivers results
- Executes successfully
- Customer focus
- Personal effectiveness
- An interest in financial services, in particular insurance is desirable
- A levels or a Level 3 qualification (we will also consider applications from those expecting results this Summer)
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above or grade 9-4 (or equivalent) including maths and English
- Applications are also welcome from career changers
IS Business Analyst Higher Standard.
The programme includes:
- Formal course attendance (4 x 3 day, 1 x 2 day and 2 x 1 day courses – total 16 days)
- Directed online learning (ongoing availability)
- Dedicated mentor input and support
- Directed self-study and task assignment/review
- Deliberate practice
- Assessment guidance and preparation
- The programme will complement any formal employer training which, when combined, makes-up the required 20% of “off the job” training
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.