As an apprentice, your 18-month development programme will be made up of up to 3 placement rotations. Our aim is to equip you with the range of skills and experience you need for your successful career. We also understand that everyone’s career is different, so every apprentice’s journey is unique.
Here’s an idea of what yours could look like:
- Placement 1 – Business Analysis Team – 6 months – Stakeholder Engagement, Requirements gathering and Process mapping
- Placement 2 – Product Management – 3-6 months – Product development, Sponsorship delivery, identifying customer needs
- Placement 3 – SAP Development Team – 3-6 months – SAP software Development, data models, User Acceptance Testing
Your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing new ticket machines
- Updating ticketing software to support faster top ups and contactless payments
- Implementing a single Asset Management system for London Underground
Upon successful completion of this scheme, you could roll-off into roles such as Business Analyst or Product Analyst which could lead to further career development opportunities such as Senior Business Analyst, BA Team Lead, Business Architect, Product Manager, Senior Cyber Security Analyst, Data Scientist. TfL is a large organisation and the breadth of the Business Analyst means there are many opportunities to progress in ten years, both in the T&D department and wider TfL Organisation.
You must be 18 years of age by 6th September 2021 or over to be eligible for this scheme due to Health and Safety requirements.
Reward and benefits
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will enjoy excellent benefits and scope to grow. Rewards vary according to the business area but mostly include:
- Travel concessions - Oyster card covering zones 1-6 (covering London Underground, Docklands Light Railway, Tramlink and London's bus services displaying a red roundel)
- 29 days annual leave plus public and bank holidays
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers
- 75% reimbursement of annual standard class season ticket loans if you use National Rail services to travel to and from work
- Discounted Eurostar travel
- Pension scheme
- Cycle2work scheme - tax efficient savings to reduce tax and National Insurance if you cycle to work
Our talented apprentices form a vital part of that vision, so it’s important that we find the best people to help us do this. We’re looking for people who are:
- Flexible at dealing with the unexpected
- Motivated to add value
- Inquisitive and enjoy dealing with challenges
As a member of the team, we’ll give you responsibility and the opportunity to add value. If you’re excited by inspiring and influencing the future of London then this is the career path for you.
We’re looking for potential in all of our apprentices. We are looking for somebody who can demonstrate our behaviours which are Active, Accountable, Direct, Fair and Consistent and Collaborative.
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade A* - C or Grade 9-4 and above or equivalent including maths and English language.
2 A-Levels in any subject at grade A* - D or equivalent.
You are not eligible for this scheme if you currently hold or are working towards a qualification at the same or higher level in a related subject or have already studied content from the qualification for this scheme.
Training Provider to be confirmed.
You will be working towards a BCS International Diploma in Business Analysis, as well as other relevant courses, ranging from soft skills to technical skills training.
Whilst on the scheme, we’ll support your technical development through a wide range of on-the-job practical experiences and placements. We’ll also support your professional development through a combination of classroom-led training courses, online training courses, mentoring opportunities and structured networking opportunities. You will receive one-to-one support throughout the programme from your scheme sponsor, your Placement Manager and your Line Manager. You’ll also be connected to a ‘buddy’ who will be a more experienced apprentice from the scheme.
We also have an established Graduate and Apprentice Committee as well as an Alumni group, these groups are powerful networks in developing your understanding of the organisation, different apprenticeship schemes and opportunities to develop your career. Many current graduates and apprentices believe this to be a powerful support network and they often hold apprentice only events that are very beneficial to your continued learning.