To work as part of the Engineering & Laboratory Support team to provide a professional administrative and business support services to the UK team based at Sandwich.
The role will cover these main areas:
- Database management
- Administrative management
- Mailbox management
- Purchase orders
- Vendor management
Main duties include:
Asset Management & Vendor Management
- Raising work orders
- Making asset changes
- Creating and Decommissioning asset records
- Collating asset data
- Uploading of service reports and attaching to work orders
- Monitoring work order queues
- Sending vendor notifications
- Uploading certificates of conformity to MRO parts
- Uploading of photos to MRO parts
- Uploading service reports
- Booking meeting rooms
- Booking visitors
- Collating data
- Raising purchase orders in Ariba
- Communicating with external companies
- Filing documents – SharePoint/GDMS/Meridian/Active Records Centre
- Expenses and Travel
- Team movements
- Documentation Lifecycle Management - formatting, grammatical review, issue, retirement using appropriate Document Management Systems.
- Support training lead, updating Power 2 Learn/training records, coordinating training arrangements including trainer, delegates and room requirements etc.
You’re the future. Your ambition, talents, ideas and unique way of looking at the world will help us drive innovation in every part of our business.
We need people with a hugely diverse range of talents. Love science? Join us in our drug development labs, or engineering teams. Want to work on the business side? Get stuck into an Apprenticeship to launch a career in anything from digital marketing to paralegal services.
Pfizer’s apprenticeship scheme, run in partnership with Cogent Skills, offers the best of both worlds. You’ll work with world-leaders in your field, from researchers to business gurus. You’ll study towards a nationally recognised academic or professional qualification. And all the time, you’ll be earning a highly competitive salary.
Looking for an alternative to college or university, where you can earn while you learn, and build experience with a global leader? Find it at Pfizer.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace.
You will be entitled to company benefits including;
- 25.5 Days Holiday entitlement (+ Bank Holidays)
- Opt in pension scheme
- Student discount card (NUS)
- Employee assistance programme
- Dedicated mentor for the duration of your apprenticeship
- Demonstrate a competency in administrative skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to determine own work priorities, and troubleshoot issues as they arise
- Ability to work effectively with others in the organization
- Can perform a broad and challenging variety of work, some unpredictable and non-routine, using creativity and innovation where possible
- Demonstrates attention to detail and ability to appropriately prioritize and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Ability to solve problems, interact with others and manage a varied workload
- Is self-motivated to achieve high quality results within defined timeframes
- Can use own judgment to make decisions on complex, non-routine issues within and outside of scope of responsibilities
- Can handle highly confidential material on a regular basis
To be eligible for this position you will need;
- 5 GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including mathematics and English
Level 3 Business Admininstrator Standard.
- Your training will be a mixture of online lecturers, skills webinars and face-to-face workshops.
- You will have access to a Coach who is on hand to guide you through each stage of your learning journey, providing you with clear aims and objectives. They will keep in regular contact with you and instil the confidence that you can achieve.
- You will have access to a Virtual Learning Environment with all of your qualification content, additional learning resources and all the step-by-step support you need to ensure your success
- Training will be part of contracted hours making up the working week.
- Work based and knowledge competencies to be delivered in line with the Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard guidelines.