You will work closely with the Transport Manager to ensure smooth running of the transport operations and assist the Transport Manager to ensure vehicles are roadworthy and drivers comply with traffic and drivers' hours rules. You will also be expected to support any of the Managers with administration duties.
Main tasks of job:
- To act as a receptionist, answering the telephone and dealing with queries where possible
- Responsible for the upkeep of office records and filing systems, ensuring they are kept up to date in a timely fashion
- Taking meeting minutes and distributing as necessary
- Assisting in ensuring adherence to the vehicle maintenance schedule
- Assisting with the collection of Tachograph Charts and Digitacho downloads
- Communicating with suppliers and clients (including by phone and email)
- General office duties as necessary including cleaning and joining the on-call and opening/closing rotas where appropriate
- Relief driving where necessary
Salary - £6.45 per hour.
There are great opportunities to grow and develop within the business and the transport sector, with progression to Transport Manager over time.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal,
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - you will need to be able to use basic functions + sorting and filtering in Excel
- Knowledge of social media
- Previous administration experience of at least 6 months
- Self-motivated, flexible, with the ability to work accurately and to follow processes, always giving attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence as you will be required to drive between sites from time to time which may include a company vehicle
- A team player, who is willing to be flexible for the needs of the business and have a desire to learn administration within the transport industry
- You should be willing to work between sites (CM22 6PF & CB11 3SU)
- GCSE English & maths Grade C/4 or equivalent
- A Levels or equivalent preferred
- Business Admin Level 2 would be useful
The role of an Administrator is an important one, as they ensure the proper flow of office procedures and support various departments while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude.
As an apprentice, you will receive mentoring in the workplace and training from Remit Group to help develop your skills and achieve your Level 3.
On successful completion, you will receive:
- Level 3 in Business Administrator Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English & maths (if required)