The successful applicant will be tasked with the following;
- Providing office support including customer and employee support
- Keeping well-organised files and records of business activity
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Keeping computer databases up to date
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person
- Answering phones and connecting calls to support staff
- Taking phone messages and passing them on
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with materials suppliers and vendors
- Using spreadsheets to track expenses and company spending
- Collecting and inputting company data
- Learning about the company's mission and available products/services
- Educating clients about what products/services are available and how to purchase them
- Building relationships with clients
- Sending emails
- Preparing documents by printing, copying, and binding
- Writing and editing company correspondence
- Collecting and sorting post
- Acting as a personal assistant to the Directors
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Being ready for any other administrative tasks that are required
Learners can progress onto further or higher education to undertake business related or other qualifications, where possible, successful apprentices may also continue in their job role and undertake a range of professional job-specific qualifications and training with the possibility of a promotion.
- Can you arrive at work for 09:00 everyday?
- Can you support yourself on the money offered?
- Good level of interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Basic PC working knowledge
- Have a good standard or literacy and numeracy
- Willing to work as part of a team
- Good timekeeping skills
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, self-motivation and drive
- Able to demonstrate a professional approach to appearance, attendance and punctuality
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
In all cases, consideration may be given to candidates who lacks these qualifications though has experience in a relevant sector; however this is at the discretion of the employer.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)