What will the apprentice be doing?
Business Development Role
- Working with the Business Development Managers to support and develop business development plans Supporting the Events Manager with arranging events and training sessions
- Updating and maintaining the firm’s data capture platforms
- Supporting with the completion and submission of legal directory entries and maintenance of rankings Supporting with the development of pitches and other marketing collateral
- Developing knowledge of the practice groups, including firm experience, trends and clients
- Working alongside our Client Relationship team to grow and develop key clients
- Working with the Social Media team to optimise the use of social media
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Legal Administration Role
- Providing complete administrative support, ensuring that work is prioritised appropriately.
- Assisting with client billing
- Dealing with expenses and processing of invoices
- Filing, archiving and storing all documents; following departmental and firm wide procedures
- Assisting with scanning, printing and photocopying documents
- Assisting with telephone calls and messages
- Collating travel and hotel options and supporting secretaries with bookings
- Supporting with the internal and external seminars, client events and client training sessions
- General administrative tasks to include: updating contacts in Outlook, updating the firm’s BD system and ordering business cards.
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Business Operations Role
- Opening, sorting and distributing post to all members of the firm
- Receiving and delivering incoming courier packages
- Arranging for outgoing items to be sent by the most appropriate, cost effective and safest method Ensuring stationery units on all floors remain stocked in accordance with service levels.
- Printing, scanning and photocopying documents
- Binding and finishing documents
- Assisting in the day-to-day maintenance of photocopying and associated equipment.
- Managing the processing, delivery and receipt of all incoming and outgoing files to the office Checking the completeness and accuracy of the data recorded on the file and deed databases Auditing the electronic recording system to ensure deeds are logged in/out and held correctly Auditing deeds in the office against the records held on the electronic system
- Completing monthly reports and audit procedures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
As a Business Administration Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administrator Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures and workplace support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is just the start; upon successful completion of your Business Administrator Apprenticeship you will be considered for an opportunity within one of our Business Development & Marketing teams OR Business Operations teams OR an opportunity supporting one of our Practice Groups.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 including English & Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade 3 at Grade C or above) Essential