- Sending out Self-Assessment DSE forms, ensuring they are returned and dealing with the results
- Addressing Employees concerns over their health and safety
- Ensuring Spill Kits / First Aid Kits are kept up to date and in good condition
- Contributing to the ongoing maintenance and updating of the Document Management System
- Helping with the auditing of the documented Management System Processes
- Helping with the management of the Customer Survey implementation
- Conducting reports and assessments
- Working with the QHSSE Leader on the testing of Fire Alarms across the site
- Working with the QHSSE Leader and HR Department for providing and rolling out training for all staff
- Providing documentation for staff qualifications
- Ensuring customer documents (insurance, etc.) are up to date
- Carrying out company employee induction process
There is the intention for a full-time permanent position to be offered to the suitable and successful candidate upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Additional training to gain the following qualifications:
- IOSH Working Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Internal Auditor ISO Standards
- NEBOSH National General Certificate H&S
- NEBOSH Environmental Management
Company pension and health insurance opt in after probation.
Salary will increase over time as the Apprentice grows and builds up their experience & job knowledge.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- The ability to work in a team as well as using own initiative
- A customer focused approach as the role will be dealing with internal and external customers
- Good planning and organisation skills
- An awareness of and compliance with Health & Safety policies
- Software literacy; knowledge of general ICT
- Good attention to detail
- Experience of administration and decision making
- An awareness of environmental issues
- A strong interest in QHSSE at early stage of career is advantageous
GCSEs (or equivalent) in maths and English with at least a grade C / 4 are required.
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard
You will complete a 15-month apprenticeship which includes 10-days at the PETA training centre in Cosham. You will be supported every 6 weeks with visits from your PETA Learning & Development Coach.