What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be responsible for the administration of the school's attendance registers and dinner money records.
- To provide reception duties, in a busy office environment. This will include dealing with parents, external agencies, staff and other visitors face to face, via the school's communication system, via email and via the telephone.
- To be responsible for updating and maintaining administrative systems, ensuring that all pupil data records are kept up to date.
- To understand and adhere to established financial procedures within the school ensuring a high level of accuracy at all times.
- To carry out clerical duties under the direction of the School Business Manager or Senior Leadership. This may include the production of letters for parents and other necessary reprographics.
- To understand the procedures in place to maintain the safety of children, staff and visitors in the school with particular importance on maintaining the security of the front entrance and ensuring that signing in procedures are adhered to.
- Undertake other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility defined in the job description.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
- Workplace learning
- One day per week
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
At the end of the apprenticeship programme, it is anticipated that you will be employment ready and there is potential to progress within the school.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade A* to C or 9 to 4) Essential