What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice you will provide administration support. Duties will include;
- Undertaking routine administrative tasks for the team including room booking and diary management
- Working on legal documents, file opening and closing, production of paper and electronic bundles
- Taking telephone calls and fielding enquiries as appropriate
- Distribution of the post and scanning as necessary
- Assisting with secretarial duties where required which may involve audio typing, producing bills
- Supporting the archiving process, liaising with the Operations Team
- Filing, organising, scanning, copying and faxing legal documents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression opportunities available on our Business Support Pathway moving from Legal Administrator to Legal Secretary to Legal Support Manager
Reality CheckCompany benefits - Scottish Widows Pension Scheme, Support staff bonus scheme, 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, Happy people /Perks at work, Cycle to work scheme, Life assurance, 1/3 gym membership contribution, flu vaccinations.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English & Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential