What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Preparation of paperwork to send to internal and external organisations.
- Maintaining various databases, for pupil data, achievement records, admissions, and attendance; verifying data and
producing reports and management information as required.
- Staffing the school switchboard and reception, responding to queries from parents and visitors, taking messages and passing calls to colleagues effectively and efficiently.
- Undertake word processing of school correspondence, policies, procedures and documents to support the Co-Head teachers and teaching staff of the school, ensuring that deadlines are met and confidentiality maintained at all times.
- Support class teachers with photocopying, organisation of resources, and other administrative requirements.
- General office duties, e.g. filing, printing, photocopying, incoming and outgoing post.
- Make organisational arrangements as required such as those in relation to school visits and trips, school photographer, medical checks.
- Additional duties as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentice will achieve the following qualifications:
- Business Administrator Level 3 Standard
- Diploma in Business Administration
Training will be online and face-to-face with Luton Adult Learning. Dates and times to be confirmed once on programme
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing your apprenticeship successfully, you will have some great experience and a qualification to support your next career step.
Reality CheckIt will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C (4-9)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C (4-9)) Essential
Other Functional Skills English (Grade L2) Essential
Other Functional Skills maths (Grade L2) Essential