Responsibilities will include:
- Open the switchboard and unlock the front door for 9.00am
- Answer telephone, screen and direct calls
- Take and relay messages
- Provide information to callers
- Greet persons entering organisation
- Direct persons to correct destination
- Ensures knowledge of staff movements in and out of organisation
- Tidy and maintain the reception area
- Update loose-leaf library reference books
- Sort, weigh, frank or stamp the post
- Photocopying and general office duties as requested
To secure a permanent position within the business upon completion.
You will be comfortable talking to people, organised and naturally efficient and make it your business to the know the Firms activities, staff and client’s whereabouts etc.
You will be keen to learn and use your own initiative and an interest in Law would be an advantage.
This is an application to study an apprenticeship with the SMB Group (Stephenson Brooksby Melton College). Before being considered for a formal interview with the employer, you will be required to apply and be accessed and have an initial interview by the college. Ideally have Business Administration NVQ level 2 or BTEC Certificate or Diploma in Business, though not essential.
As an apprentice you can apply for an NUS Apprentice extra card which can be used at hundreds of high street and online brands. https://www.apprenticeextra.co.uk/
- Excellent computer skills with a sound knowledge of Microsoft Office in particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise workload with good time management skills
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written
- A creative and innovative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on own initiative, but understand level of responsibility within the team
- Ability to work confidentially and to treat issues with sensitivity
- Ability to work to a high level of accuracy
GCSE's at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
(If you do not already meet these criteria, we will ask you to sit initial assessments to indicate which level you are currently working at).
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- In-house training by Business training Officers (blended remote delivery)
- Functional skills if necessary
- On-the-job training
- Off-the-job training