Responsibilities will include:
- Answer telephone dealing with or redirecting enquiries as appropriate
- Handle general enquiries, referring where necessary
- Make new and follow up appointments
- Accept and record messages for doctors and nurses
- Daily-Scan medical records and correspondence using Docman
- Read-Coding of clinical correspondence into medical records
- Make appointments for hospital transport when appropriate
- Work as part of a reception team
- Daily-Collection of prescriptions from post, over counter and from pharmacies.
- Register new patients – if required
- Printing off medical records enabling them to be transferred to new GP practice. – if required
Future employemnt upon completion of this apprenticeship.
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Handover to colleagues
- Clarity of messages taken
- Empathy with patients
- Recognition of urgency and accuracy
- Flexibility within your team and working hours
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
You will receive training on the job but will also attend College one day a week and gain training there also.