This job is to assist the Office Manager with the smooth running of the office and to provide administrative support where needed. The successful candidate will be a well organised, confident person, with great attention to detail. You will have an awareness of the Office suite of programmes (advanced training will be provided as needed).
You will also be provided with first aider and fire marshall training to allow you to perform as a deputy to the Office and IT Managers in these roles. Working alongside the Office Manager or on your own, you will also be in charge of planning staff events 2 or 3 times a year and assisting other departments.
- Answering the telephone and dealing with external queries.
- Looking after visitors.
- Dealing with the post and couriers.
- Maintaining and ordering sufficient stationery and other office supplies.
- Checking invoices from external suppliers.
- Maintaining the stock of Profile’s books at the office.
- Maintaining the Profile Books, Serpent’s Tail, Profile Editions, and Souvenir Press archives of books.
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of titles stored off-site.
- Arranging for cleaning and repairs to office and replacement of broken equipment.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety guidelines are complied with.
- Assist with monthly Health & Safety checks of the office environment and implement changes as needed.
- General order of the offices.
- Act as Deputy Fire Marshall and Deputy First Aider as needed.
- Such other functions as assist in the smooth running of the company’s offices.
Future ProspectsFull-time employment
- Good admin skills
- Very good written and verbal skills
- Have an aptitude for technology in a publishing context
- Very well organised
- Very good with detail
- Able to prioritise
- Must have an interest in books and reading
- Good at dealing with people respectfully and assertively
- Present themselves professionally
- Proactive attitude willing to go that extra mile in order to help or make things happen
You’ll need to pass a face to face screening interview with our Talent Team (don’t worry, we’re a friendly bunch) and sit initial assessments in Maths and English.
Level 3 Business Admistrator