If you’ve been looking for an apprenticeship in Business Administration or way to broaden your career opportunities, this could be the role that you’re looking for.
You’ll be working within the Employee Experience & Organisational Learning Team (and yes that is a mouthful), however, fundamentally the team make sure that Aster colleagues have the right experience at work and are supported in their learning.
Whilst studying for a Level 3 Business Administration apprenticeship, you’ll be working with the team to help provide them with effective administrative support.
The team are innovative in their style and you’ll have the opportunity to use your creativity to get some great results.
You will be known as the Employee Experience and Organisational Learning Apprentice.
Your daily duties will include but not be limited to:
- To gain insight and understanding of the employee lifecycle through supporting activities across employee experience, organisational learning, and diversity and inclusion
- Developing knowledge of all these three elements, why they are important, and how they impact on the experience people have at work
- Developing sound administration skills and using these to support the output of the teams and sharing administrative best-practice across the organisation e.g. coaching others to perform tasks correctly
- Learning about the business, who we are, what we do and understanding the role the teams play in supporting the corporate strategy
- Understanding who our customers are and why they are important
- Planning required resources to successfully deliver projects and undertaking and leading projects as and when required
- Organising meetings and events, taking minutes during meetings, and creating action logs as appropriate
- Building and maintaining positive relationships within the EE&OL teams and across the business
- To achieve effective learning and development through the shadowing and direction of relevant business areas
- With the support of the business Leads, proactively seeking opportunities for demonstrating or evidencing key apprenticeship assignments
- Upholding regular progress reviews with the training provider tutor and demonstrating and logging their learning effectively via the relevant portal/system
- Flexible working – whilst some roles need to be carried out in a specific place at a specific time, where possible we encourage our colleagues to work to their own schedule at a location that suits them and their team
- A focus on colleague wellbeing – workshops, an employee assistance programme offering counselling and support, virtual GP services, mental health training and a health cash plan for all
- We invest in colleagues’ careers and development through our leader and colleague development frameworks
- Defined Contribution Pension and attached life assurance
- Volunteering hours available to all colleagues to enable them to give back
- Savings at cinemas, gyms, holidays, days out, various shops and eateries and lots more
- Enhanced leave
- We celebrate colleagues who go above and beyond with a range of personalised thank you and monthly and annual awards
Working hours are typically Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 5pm
Working location is flexible!
Annual salary of £18,450!
Potential progression on to full time employment and higher level apprenticeships
- Able to prioritise and manage own time
- Excellent communication skills with colleagues and customers
- Stick to deadlines
- Won't be phased by working and learning simultaneously
- Ready to get stuck in and enjoys a fast-paced environment
- Quick learner
- Bubbly personality
GCSE English and maths C/4 or equivalent would be preferred.
Training ProvidedParagon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
On completion of this 18 month apprenticeship you will have achieved: Business Administration Level 3