Business Administrator Apprentice
The Mews Practice Ltd
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
We are looking for an individual to join our small and friendly office reception team.Your duties will include the following;
- Answer the telephone to enquiries and make outgoing calls to patients and other agencies as required.
- Greet patients in person, working to put them at ease and giving any explanations within your competency
- Make and change appointments as required
- Use Fax and email to communicate with patients and other agencies.
- Keep the reception and waiting areas in a smart and orderly fashion
- Work with the practice information recording systems and computer systems in maintaining clinical records.
- Handle payments to the practice by cash, card, cheque and transfer.
- Keep records of financial transactions
- Carry out cleaning and sterilization of instruments in line with current standards and procedures
- Complete insurance forms and other types patient plan forms
- Work with patients on applying for credit facilities where these are available
- Report all significant events, including ’near misses’ for inclusion in the practice Risk Register.
- Practice the highest standards of confidentiality when dealing with all aspects of patient information
- Participate in activities required to assess compliance with CQC Fundamental Standards
- Participate in the maintenance of a Practice Complaints System, and in resolving complaints, and in improving service.
- Use all equipment in accordance with published instructions and guidelines
- Report to the Practice Manager any faults or safety worries with equipment and the premises
- Liaise with secondary care providers and arranging transport as necessary
- Dealing with repeat prescription requests
- Assisting patients with registrations and processing the paperwork
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing patient notes
- Filling all patient information in electronic and or paper records
- Maintaining patient electronic medical records.
- Accessing information when required
- Daily preparation of Doctors rooms and other clinics
- Ensuring Doctors surgeries are stocked with the necessary paperwork and forms to enable their surgeries to proceed without interruption
- Maintaining and encouraging adequate security measures, ensuring all clinic rooms are locked when not in use
- Liaising with attached staff, including Health Visitors, District Nurses, Midwives, Counsellor etc as required
- Any other duties as requested by the Doctors, Practice Manager or Senior Receptionist
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability.
If the apprentice proves to be successful with his/her duties, the role may be expanded once the apprenticeship is completed.
- IT Literate
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Polite telephone manner
- Eager to learn
GCSE in maths and English (A-C) or (9-4) or equivalent
Business Administrator level 3 standard
A skills-based qualification in Business & Administration
A knowledge-based qualification in Business & Administration
A behaviour-based qualification in Business & Administration
City & Guilds Business Diploma Level 3Functional Skills English (unless exempt)
Functional Skills Maths (unless exempt)
Functional Skills ICT(unless exempt)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.