What will the apprentice be doing?
Key tasks will include:
- Support to staff, diary and email management, assisting with the organising of meetings, organising travel and accommodation
- Setting up of new systems and general administration activities as well as use of a wide variety of digital platforms
- Successful applicants will provide support to a variety of faculty portfolio areas, such as clinical skills, business and finance, student placements, course administration, facilities management as well as university research
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Under the direction of the chosen portfolio area mentor, the post holder will undertake a development, work-based role, providing general administrative support within the Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences and will have the opportunity to undertake vocational, job-based study, as part of the apprenticeship scheme
- Successful candidates will work towards a Level 3 Business Administrator standard over the course of the 21-month apprenticeship
- Training will be delivered in the workplace and candidates will be given time to undertake their studies
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This is a fixed term contract and there is no guarantee of employment following the contract end date, however, individuals will be given the opportunity to be placed on the Universities re-deployment register
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4) Essential