What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide general administrative support to the Out-patient Occupational Therapy service
- To support any administration and clerical tasks as required from the service’s secretary and Therapy management services
- To support processes for gathering information regarding activity and performance as directed by the Business support administrator
- To disseminate relevant information regarding activity and performance to clinicians as directed by the Business support administrator
- To support data entry for electronic referrals systems
- To assist the Business Support administrator with developing and pulling reports related to activity and performance
- Assist setting up specific site files, electronic files and other documents as required
- Assisting in creating and supporting any patient tracking systems using digital resources (excel or others)
- Plan, organise, prepare and participate in monitoring of any audits related to out-patient services
- Respond to data queries
- Support internal monitoring and quality procedures
- Record relevant meeting notes, minutes and actions and circulate as appropriate
- Contribute to service development by actively participating in any out-patient services meetings or meetings related to administration for Occupational Therapy department
- Support in setting up clinics before patients arrive for their appointments
- Provide cover to other members of team as relevant to role
- Any other duties may be agreed in the course of undertaking this role, in accordance with the grade and nature of the post.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business and Administration Apprenticeship Standard
20% Off the job training
End Point Assessment prep
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible Employment with the company.
Reality CheckWorcestershire Royal Hospital and Alexandra Hospital – ability to travel across sites to Redditch and Worcester is essential
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent Maths & English (Grade 4/C) Essential