What will the apprentice be doing?
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages
- Deal with communications, over the telephone, written and face to face from other stakeholders
- Learn about telematics and assist with the management of the online web portal
- Process requisitions
- Keep accurate up to date live hire report/ plant books
- Ensure all plant equipment is compliant with H&S requirements
- General Administration support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Administration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration within 18 months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a unique opportunity to work whilst you learn and develop key skills that will be valuable throughout your career – an opportunity not to be missed!
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent 5 x GCSEs inc. Maths and English (Grade 4/ C or above) Essential