The Centre of Excellence (CoE) provides L&D administration services to our prison sites and manages the learning offer for our employees through Microsoft O365 and our learning management systems Ingenium, and BlueStream Academy.
If you are looking for an opportunity to kick start your career in Learning and Development (L & D) working for an innovative and rapidly growing business in the Justice sector, this could be a fantastic position for you! We have an exciting new L & D Business Administration Apprenticeship that will give you a fantastic foundation for your career in Learning and Development. If you want the opportunity of a debt-free, recognised qualification, combined with real and varied workplace experience, with the potential to progress onto a CIPD Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development then look no further!
You will join our new friendly and rapidly expanding Centre of Excellence L & D Team, where you will have the opportunity to undertake interesting and varied roles across our L & D service as we commence centralising this service enabling you to make a genuine contribution to the business from day one.
You will be involved in providing administrative support and actively involved with projects and work streams across the full Learning and Development lifecycle. Your work will support all centralised services across the business giving you an excellent grounding of how the Centre of Excellence supports the wider business in driving performance through our people.
There will be lots of opportunities to learn and develop both professionally and personally.
An exciting opportunity to support Centre of Excellence for Sodexo, as a L & D Business Administration Apprentice
Complete tasks in line with company policy and procedures.
Develop effective on-going relationships at all levels across central L & D services establishing yourself as a credible, respected and valued administrator, responding to queries directly and influencing managers to follow a best practice approach.
Own the delivery of centralised SharePoint administration processes, for example; registers, training schedules, communications, centralised calendars etc.
Support the L & D Business Partner in planning and implementation of organisational changes, L & D projects, workstreams, and initiatives that support the Centre of Excellence business strategy.
Produce accurate weekly and monthly reports for the Executive, L & D Team and wider teams as the centralised service evolves.
Proactively spot/implement opportunities to improve team ways of working supporting the L & D Advisor and L & D Managers to identify problems and find solutions.
Assist in training managers and staff in L & D administrative matters, ensuring processes are followed and compliance procedures are met.
Providing L & D support for ad-hoc operational business related projects, for example; new business wins,
L & D workstreams, training events, etc.
As an Apprentice you will be enrolled on a Level 3 Business Administration Qualification, you will be assigned a Vocational Learning Advisor who will visit you on a regular basis to deliver the training, coach and carry out workplace observations. HIT Training an Award Winning Learning Provider.
Professional development opportunity to complete a CIPD Foundation Certificate in Learning and Development after successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship programme. This is a well recognised and highly valued qualification that will help you to develop practical skills, and supporting knowledge in the field of learning and development.
- Great organisation and administration skills with good attention to detail
- Proven administration experience
- Experience of supporting managers with administration issues
- Experience of analysing data and providing management information
- Desire to work towards a CIPD qualification
- Must have excellent organisational skills and initiative, with the ability to manage the day-to-day L & D processes effectively with minimal input from the L & D Advisor
- Excellent IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint are a prerequisite
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, in order to optimise operational performance
- A real passion to work in a people orientated role
- Comfortable and confident to communicate with people from all levels of the business
- Have plenty of initiative to problem solve with a real 'can do' attitude
- A genuine passion developing a career in Learning and Development
- Being organised and focused on tasks is a key skill needed for the job
- Have a great attitude to work and be able to work within the boundaries set as part of the new centralised service
- Be passionate about learning – we will teach and support
- Want personal development and a great career
- Demonstrate new skills learnt throughout the programme and put into practice on a daily basis
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s with English and Maths Grade A*-C or between level 9-4 or equivalent qualifications
- A-levels or BTEC qualification is required
Business Administration Level 3.