Our apprenticeships are designed to give you the practical experience needed in a real job that brings out the best in you, with real responsibilities, real challenges, real projects and scope to grow your career.
In the Practice Development Team source, we will secure and plan training for our workforce. We are instrumental in providing training that will ultimately impact on social work practice and improve outcomes for children.
To study and achieve the Advanced (Level 3) Business Administration Apprenticeship during the duration of the apprenticeship and to then be able to undertake the range of duties listed below:
- Create flyers advertising training opportunities
- Liaise with Social Workers/Managers about the training opportunities on offer to ensure we achieve maximum attendance
- Communicate with participants regarding the arrangements for training
- Ensure our training database is kept up to date
- Collate the feedback from Training Evaluation Forms
- Copy and Collate Training Materials
We will train you to be able to:
- To manage a process change project – project management tools training
- Analyse customer feedback and present findings
- Have an innovative approach to tasks
We cannot guarantee a permanent position following completion of the apprenticeship, however this is a great opportunity to build professional networks and explore wider opportunities within the council.
Our staff receive a wide range of benefits such as discounts in various cafés, restaurants, shops, and are auto-enrolled onto our generous Pension Scheme with an employer contribution of 26%. We also offer a salary sacrifice, a personal car lease scheme and the opportunity to gain membership to Costco. We have discounted gym memberships, Travel discounts with Arriva and Chiltern Railways and much more.
Some travel will be necessary, and expenses will be provided for this.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Able to organise own work and meet deadlines
- Understanding of general administrative procedures
- Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Good IT skills and the ability to use databases
- Confident using the telephone
- Able to communicate well verbally and in writing
- Able to use initiative and work independently
- Good attention to detail
- Good standard of written work with accurate spelling and grammar
- Able to form and maintain professional relationships with our customers
- Comfortable working as part of a team and playing an active role
- Able to get on well with a range of people
- Real ambition to develop your skills and experience
- Enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking
- Willingness to learn and to undertake a range of different tasks as required
Qualified to Level 1 or above in Literacy and Numeracy (GCSE grades A* - C/9-4 or equivalent), or Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship Qualification.
Please note: You will not be eligible for this post if you have a Degree in the same subject as this apprenticeship, or other qualifications in the same subject at an equivalent level.
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Continued Professional Development training, organisational structure
- Legislation and Regulations
- Business Administration communication skills
- Stakeholder Engagement – both internal and external
- Stakeholder analysis, service level agreements (SLAs), stakeholder salience, stakeholder power versus interest grid,
- Record and document production – document layout, GDPR, Proof reading techniques
- Decision Making – cost benefit analysis, break even analysis,
- 5 Why’s, Root Cause Analysis
- Risk analysis and risk management, risk implication/ probability chart, force field analysis, use of organisational policies, procedures, and frameworks for support.
- Social Media in Business and personal
- Project Management tools – project Life Cycle, Gantt chart, Power V’s Interest Grid, SWOT analysis, Work Breakdown Structure, and risk management techniques.
- Change Management
- PESTLE analysis
- Finance – Budget Management, invoice processes
- Interpersonal skills – professionalism, coaching methods, organisational culture
- Presenting Like a Pro – workshop on how to deliver high quality presentations