Do you already hold the same qualification at this level or above? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Are you currently working in the same industry sector/ job role as this apprenticeship? If yes, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Do you hold GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Can you commit to a full-time apprenticeship for the next 12-18 months? If no, please call the office on 0114 2635720 to discuss before continuing with the application.
Apprenticeship Funding - for eligibility please speak to us directly.
Duties will include:
- To be the first point of contact for telephone calls and visitors
- To maintain the shared data drive on the company's computer network
- To enter sales administration data on customers, orders and deliveries
- To make best use of the company's business software for the generation of documents, e.g. purchase orders, despatch notes, invoices and credit notes
- To maintain the company's sales and bought ledger files
- To support the Directors in expediting payment from overdue debtors
- To maintain stock records, respond to stock requisitions, place orders for materials/service and expedite same
- To type and distribute correspondence for the Directors
- Maintain an up-to-date diary for the Directors
- Take minutes at relevant meetings
- Work with the Health & Safety Manager to ensure H&S requirements are adhered to, identifying areas for improvement and implementing changes
- The job holder should ensure that potential health and safety hazards are eliminated or controlled through regular reviews of work activities, equipment and facilities
- To minimise the effect of the company's activities on the external environment, while improving the physical condition of the workplace for all colleagues
- To update and manage social media platforms with latest company updates
- To assist with sales - issuing quotes, following up with customers and maintaining a list of outstanding quotes
- Scheduling monthly / quarterly / annual tasks, e.g. vehicle maintenance, machinery maintenance
Please note due to high volume of applications expected, this post may close before the displayed closing date when sufficient number of applications have been received.
The Source is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
The potential to take on more responsibilities or a higher-level qualification upon completion of this apprenticeship.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload
- Professional approach
- Ability to work on own initiative or within a team
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to work flexibly
- High standard of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to tackle issues as they arise
- Positive commitment to customer service
5 GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
The successful candidate will study a Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This will be aided by an assessor who will carry out all assessments as work-based learning within the workplace.