What will the apprentice be doing?
- Filing, scanning, typing, faxing and emailing
- Use a variety of Microsoft Packages (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint) to compose and update documents
- Deal with communications (mostly over the telephone and face to face) with other stakeholders in the business
- Organise and service meetings which involve taking and preparing minutes, and undertaking any follow up actions.
- Minute taking may be complex, of a confidential nature and at a senior level for internal and external partners
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Balfour Beatty offers a comprehensive training programme in Business Admininstration with the opportunity of completing industry recognised vocational qualifications. You will provide effective, efficient, confidential and comprehensive administrative support to our business. As part of the Apprenticeship scheme you will be supported with gaining an NVQ level 3 in Business Administration. You will also have various other training opportunities.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will look to explore further opportunities within Balfour Beatty and further development of you and your career. If you start on Level 3, you will look to progress through higher level apprenticeships.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential