We are currently seeking a Business Administration Apprentice to join our Legal Support team based in our Tiverton office.
The primary focus of the role is to assist with providing comprehensive administrative support to the team, working closely with the Legal Support Assistants (Legal Secretaries).
You will assist with general office admin duties, along with audio and copy typing, assisting with receiving and processing telephone calls and email correspondence, assisting in maintaining compliant and accurate file management systems along with assisting in the billing process
During your apprenticeship, you will gain a clear understanding of the role of this business-critical function and will develop key skills such as effective communication, problem solving, and the ability to prioritise multiple demands.
- Audio typing - using the firms digital dictation system
- Filing correspondence and documents using the firms document management system
- Filing correspondence and documents in the main hard copy files and electronic files where necessary
- Preparing files for closure and archiving
- Diary management and meeting travel organisation
- Call handling
- Scanning bills/expenses
- Assisting with matter openings
- Billing administration
- Document production in conjunction with our reprographics team including document formatting
- Reception cover
- Bundling and indexing legal documents
- Variety of other administrative duties as required including assisting other Business Support areas
At the end of the apprenticeship, there is the possibility of applying for a permanent role in a Legal or Business Support capacity.
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Good interpersonal skills
- Competent with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) and using data management systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to listen to and follow instructions
- Happy to pursue continuing education
- Able to work unsupervised when task fully understood
- Excellent telephone manner
- Organised with good attention to detail
- Perseverance to complete delegated tasks
- Able to take responsibility for tasks
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Proactive and happy to take initiative if appropriate
- A good team player
- Willing to help others
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Positive attitude
- An appreciation of confidentiality
- Polite, professional and of smart appearance
5 GSCEs (or equivalent) at 4/C or above – must include maths and English.
With Exeter college you will work towards:
- Level 3 business administration apprenticeship standard