What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be part of the team providing administrative support to the production team and Engineering Director. What you do matters and working with guidance from your mentor you are part of the foundation of our business.
Our company manufactures a range of architectural metalwork that you will see across London. We also produce parts for one of the UK largest car transporters.
We are proud of history and excited about our future.
- IT – use of IT packages, systems and databases
- Record and document production
- Decision making and exercising judgement
- Interpersonal skills – building and maintaining relationships.
- Communications – face-to-face, telephone, writing or digital platforms
- Quality - review processes autonomously and make suggestions for improvements
- Planning and organisation - Organise meetings/events, takes minutes during meetings
- Project management
- Perform any other tasks deemed within your technical capabilities as required
- Day to day duties will be to learn and develop towards skills shown above
- The department is in the production office.
- A mentor will be assigned, although you will be working within a team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The Apprentice will be working towards the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- There is no formal College attendance at the Colchester Institute - Colchester Campus as this is delivered online and in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to go into a variety of roles, Fabricating, Sheet Metal Working, Managing, Estimating, Procurement
Reality CheckThe role is office based and most work is completed on a computer. You must be able to commute to the site as public transport options are not available at the site.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Logical, Team working, Non judgemental
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential