What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide an administration service, answer telephone calls/e-mails, deal with routine enquiries where appropriate, record and pass on messages to the appropriate person across the whole team.
- Monitor the team inbox, including scanning for and circulating commercial opportunities advertised via online procurement portals. Maintaining control of responses and ensuring actions are taken as required.
- Book and/or organise meetings, training sessions, seminars and functions as directed.
- Maintain good customer care relations with internal and external customers.
- Enter and update quality information and records on spread sheets and database systems (and data cleanse as required).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- At commencement of the apprenticeship, you will be required to have Maths and English GCSE Grade C/Level 4 or above or Functional Skills for both at level 2.
- A criterion of the apprenticeship is that you attend college/virtual and complete all the necessary standards set out in the apprenticeship.
- Upon completion you will be awarded a Level 3 Business and Administration Apprenticeship.
- You will be employed on a fixed term contract for the duration of your apprenticeship.
- You will be paid £18,870 for the first year of your apprenticeship and subject to achieving the competencies below you will move to £19,918 in Year 2.
- End of Year 1 competencies to be achieved a minimum of 50% of your portfolio and have consistent performance in the workplace monitored during your regular reviews.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of your apprenticeship, you will need to partake in the recruitment process within Solent to secure a permanent position.
- There are lots of avenues your career could take with Solent. Our recruitment team would be happy to support you through the next stages.
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade 9-4 / A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9 / A*-C) Essential