Maypine Construction are based in Raunds and they are looking for a person who can work well with others and somebody who has good communication skills.
The job will be very varied as the Health and Safety department oversees all the Health and safety requirements and traffic management arrangements and, also deals with all the bookings in public highways and, all the training needs for the company. The company has around a £24 million turnover and employs over 200 people some of which are employed on a sub contact basis.
On a daily basis you will be responsible for:
- Data entry into databases and Excel documents
- Uploading training certification to individual files
- Communicating regularly with internal colleagues across the health & safety departments, site based managers and also the technical and finance teams
- Communcating with external training providers, clients and local authority highways departments
- Collating information of employees onto databases
- Printing and enclosing documentation into site files
- Scanning documentation received from site into files
- Handling the day-to-day tasks in an office and make sure things run smoothly
- Learning new systems or software such as Traintrack and Iauditor
- There is scope to learn many new skills i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH Health & safety courses
- You will be be working towards gaining a Level 3 qualification in Business Administration
On successful completion of your apprenticeship, there are opportunities for career progression available for employees who excel in their role. For the right person, this provides an excellent opportunity to build a career in an extremely rewarding industry.
The salary will start at the Apprenticeship minimum wage and then be reviewed within 3 months and increase along with the progression of the your progression. There are many routes to progress with the company, the company has many employees such as, managerial roles existing from current staff working up through the ranks. There is scope to learn many new skills i.e. IOSH, NEBOSH Health & safety courses etc.
Only Candidates who have fully completed the application will be considered. Please be aware that the closing date is subject to change without prior notice.
Candidates must carry out an initial interview with a member of Tresham College, (Part of the the Bedford College Group) Apprenticeship Recruitment Team.
- To have good IT skills including all Microsoft packages is an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new skills
- This sort of work requires a strong sense of responsibility, accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiastic nature
- Have the ability to learn new skills
- Be confident at communicating written and verbally to internal colleagues and external bodies
- Be flexible and adapt to a quickly changing environment
You will need to have achieved 3 GCSEs 9-3 (A*-D) including English and maths, or equivalent.
You will gain the following qualifications:
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
You will also study a range of topics, including: IT, record and document production, decision making, planning and organisation, project management, policies, relevant regulations, stakeholders, processes and external environment factors.