The apprentice will be responsible for providing administrative assistance to the following departments:
- Sales and Business Development
- Customer Progress
- Human Resources
- Quality Assurance
- Health and Safety
In addition to working as part of a team, you would also be expected to work on your own initiative at times, once specific training had been given.
This is a great opportunity to learn the business from the moment customer enquiries are received, through to the point when products are despatched, along with everything in between to ensure our quality and on time delivery are of the highest quality for our customers.
Training and mentoring will be provided throughout your journey and beyond.
The Business Administration Apprenticeship is a new role within the main office of Spunalloys. The role would be varied and interesting, working within a number of departments, as workloads dictate.
The role would involve operating Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint, together with other bespoke software systems, for which training would be provided.
Tasks would include:
- Liaising with customers by telephone and e-mail
- Maintaining customer files on the server
- Liaising with suppliers to verify orders and follow up on late deliveries
- Communicating with other company sites regarding inter-company transfers of goods or quality documentation
In addition to the above, support would also be provided to Human Resources and Accounts.
As a qualified apprentice in Spunalloys, you could expect to progress, increasing future prospects and salary.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good timekeeping and attendance
- Computer literacy is essential
- Team player
- GCSE maths grade: 5-4 (Grade C and above or equivalent or FS Level 2)
- GCSE English grade: 5-4 (Grade C and above or equivalent or FS Level 2)
- Business Administrator Level 3 standard
- Employer Rights and Responsibilities - ERR
- Functional Skills may be required