Duties may include:
- Provide administrative assistance to the school business manager
- Maintain school staff records
- Update the school MIS system
- Assist with queries from staff, parents, pupils and 3rd parties.
- Help to organise and run school events
- Provide information to school staff and management when required
- Undertake general office administration
- Support other office staff members where required
This role offers a strong foundation to progress to a Level 4 apprenticeship or to a permanent business administration role in a school or other professional environment.
A professional approach is essential including being neat, punctual and respectful. The job is based in an office of 10 friendly staff who will be older and more experienced and so this is a great learning opportunity. Much of the work will be computer-based.
Occasionally, hours will change, or additional hours may be required due to events or staff absence. It is important that you are keen to be part of a team whilst being responsible for delivering your own tasks. You need to be able to follow and remember instructions, organise your own diary reminders and deliver on routine processes as well as adhoc tasks.
We take safeguarding of pupils extremely seriously and the selected candidate will receive appropriate training. The school would welcome applications with A levels looking to gain a business qualification.
- Good level of numeracy and literacy
- IT skills – Email, Google applications and Microsoft Office
- Good communication skills
- Work under pressure
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude
- Confidence to deal with senior staff
- Common sense
- Polite, courteous and punctual
- Organised and able to prioritise
- Able to communicate with staff, pupils and visitors
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
- Pride in good work
- Ability to concentrate on detailed tasks
GCSEs or equivalent including Grade 4/C or above in maths and English.
- Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard
Whilst the delivery of training and some of the content will be bespoke to employer’s needs, there are key elements that will be covered throughout. These will focus on the importance of:
- Effective Communication at all levels
- The principles of Business Administration
- Project Management skills
- Managing Personal and Professional Development
- Contributing to improvement of Business Performance
- Developing / Preparing and / or Delivering Presentations
- Preparing business documentation
- Managing and preparing for Business Meetings
- Storing / Retrieving / Analysing and/or presenting Business Data
- Basic Financial Management principles