You will learn to be skilled in the use of multiple IT packages and systems relevant to the organisation in order to: write letters or emails, create proposals, perform financial processes, record and analyse data. Examples include MS Office or equivalent packages. Able to choose the most appropriate IT solution to suit the business problem. Able to update and review databases, record information and produce data analysis where required.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, whether face-to-face, on the telephone, in writing or on digital platforms.
- Uses the most appropriate channels to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrates agility and confidence in communications, carrying authority appropriately.
- Understands and applies social media solutions appropriately.
- Answers questions from inside and outside of the organisation, representing the organisation or department.
Business administration specialist, team leader, manager
- Attend all college classes if applicable
- Record practical work required for your course(s) in the prescribed manner
- Attend apprentice learning events run by the company
- Fully engage in review meetings with your manager and training provider
- Maintain agreed progress in all theory and practical work required for your apprenticeship
- To conduct work as required by your mentor / practical trainer
- To gain experience and knowledge and skills to enable you to become competent to work as you progress through your apprenticeship
The person we are looking for will be;
- Fully committed to learning the job.
- Not afraid of hard work.
- Able to communicate in a business-like manner
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English)
- A willingness to learn
- A desire to work in Engineering/Science
- A keen eye for detail
- A mature outlook
- A team player
GCSE English and maths 4-9/A-C
You will be required to attend college at least x1 day per week at Uxbridge Campus completing necessary mandatory training and units associated with the apprenticeship and you will be competence assessed every 8 weeks by our industry experts.
Our Account Manager, industry-trained assessor and Learning Advocate support apprentices to deliver our high-quality training programmes.
Business Administrator level 3
The apprentice will be required to complete:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Standard and End Point Assessment
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT (if required)
- Other training will be provided by the employer as required to enable the fulfilment of the job role.