At TaxAssist Accountants, we know that our people are key to the success of our company. We hire people who are talented, career driven and who embrace our values of delivering excellent client service through collaborative teamwork.
This apprentice position is responsible for the practice administration, bookkeeping, client support and front office reception at our Harpenden office.
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic, multi office business using industry leading software applications with support from a multi award winning national accountancy network.
Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly local business atmosphere.
Work for an employer who invests in colleague career development with significant opportunities for growth and development including ongoing training provided by the TaxAssist Academy.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Answer telephone calls, emails, front office reception enquiries and arrange meetings in a timely, courteous and efficient manner
- Support practice banking, bookkeeping, credit control and supplier payment activities accurately posting transactions to practice and client records
- Accurately update and maintain client records and database applications
- Support digital document management and scanning activities
- Support marketing and brand awareness duties including developing and delivering key seasonal client campaigns
- Support maintenance of practice compliance activities including anti-money laundering and due diligence checks
- Support Senior Management Team in collating weekly KPI’s to work towards the HRH team and Client Partner portfolio targets for the financial year
- Complete all TaxAssist Academy Practice Administration courses
- This apprenticeship can lead to full-time employment upon completion of this apprenticeship
- Confident and assertive with a can do attitude
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Self-motivated, using your own initiative and willing to learn
- Computer literate
- Flexible and able to work on your own or as part of a team
- Strong commitment and motivation with a respect for deadlines, ownership of tasks and working as a team
- Reliable and punctual
- Four GCSEs at Grades A*-D or 9-5, including English Language and maths or equivalent, previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided however a desire to learn about the construction industry
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
The standard in business administration, delivered by Solveway, is a work-based training programme which explores all aspects of the knowledge, skills and behaviours of business administration.
Developed by employers, the business administration apprenticeship standard will provide you with a thorough understanding of this subject, allowing you to learn about:
- Company values, culture and skills
- Business fundamentals
- Decision making
- Relevant regulations and policies
- Project management