Escape helps people of all age groups to work together on art and heritage projects, building strong, happy communities and supporting wellbeing. For over 20 years Escape has developed a diverse programme of creative and heritage-led health and wellbeing workshops, both in Stratford and Nuneaton, as well as across Warwickshire. Part of Escape’s success is using this creativity to engage and celebrate stories of people, place and time in an exciting, empowering way. We have over 3000 beneficiary contacts who are supported by our projects and a team of 162 volunteers, recipients of the prestigious Queens Award for Volunteering, who help us to deliver.
Over the last 12 months, we have had to completely adapt our service delivery from 100% face-to-face activities to 100% online, with new core projects set up on Zoom including wellbeing peer support groups, creative CV building/employment skills training and arts & nature challenges, as well as online art sessions with our core groups. This has allowed us to extend our reach further across the county, we are now supporting more people than ever before. Physical resource packs to keep people engaged and creative during the pandemic such as our ONE: Be Creative activity pack and Creative Journaling pack have ensured we are able to reach people who are unable to access our digital offer.
Supporting our wellbeing is more important now than ever before and we are deeply committed to advocate for this and work in partnership with other organisations and individuals to help spread this message and support as many people as possible through our work.
Vacancy Main Description
As a result of the pandemic, more people are accessing Escape projects and online resources than ever before, so we are currently looking for an Apprentice to help manage and support the administration for the charity. Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing enquiries from the general public via email, telephone, social media and the Escape website and liaising with colleagues to ensure these are responded to promptly and accurately
- Manage our digital programme on Zoom, e.g. creating timetables, sending out links and communicating with participants about our projects
- Posting projects to participants, e.g. our Creative Journaling Packs
- Developing recording systems to ensure enquiries for big projects are all responded to, e.g. nominations for our Surprise Santa visits, job applications and who has been sent Creative Journaling Packs
- Liaising with the Admin Manager to input monthly engagement data into our online database
- Liaising with the Admin Manager and wider team to ensure deadlines are met, e.g. monthly registers to be inputted into our online database
- Record minutes during meetings between the team, stakeholders & community groups as appropriate
- Pulling together monthly reports analysing online engagement of our digital projects, such as Social Media & Website reports
- Attend team meetings to gain an understanding of the different projects Escape does in order to best respond to enquiries
- Get involved in events with the charity, including planning
- Contributing to planning and evaluation, including gathering customer feedback
- Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met
- Carry out other duties as directed by the CEO, Deputy CEO and the Board of Trustees in line with the post holder’s skills & experience
We are a very hands-on team, as part of this you will be required to carry out tasks as and when required this includes general office and cleaning duties. You’ll be expected to pitch in and contribute to the range of tasks that a small venue needs doing in addition to your main duties.
Please note – whilst due to current restrictions the position will involve remote working, you will also be required to work from our home in Stratford when restrictions have lifted.
- Continuous training and potential of employment progression at the end of the apprenticeship
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer-literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for arts and culture and the belief in its value to society
- Enthusiastic and committed
- Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
- Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude
- A Flexible approach to working hours to include evenings and weekends
- Ability to think independently and work within a team
- Punctual and reliable
- Applicants should be literate and numerate. Grade C/4 and above in English maths and IT are preferable
- Business Administration Level 3 Standard