The role of the Support Services Assistant is to aid the Support Services Manager in the smooth operation of the Central File Store.
The role is responsible for the efficient fulfilment of tickets submitted by Fee Earners and the wider firm, including printing, post, file opening and the maintenance of physical matter files including off-site archiving and retrieval processes.
Attendance and provision of direct support to the Support Services Manager in the operation of the Central File Store in Farringdon.
- Digital file opening on Intelliworks and the N-Drive
- Physical file opening and maintenance of Farringdon file archive
- In-bound and out-bound post process management; dropping off unfranked post to receptionist in Farringdon periodically as well as collecting the scanned post Doculand have dropped off to the receptionist every late afternoon
- Notifying the Support Services Manager of any discrepancies in the scanned post from Doculand
- Dropping off outgoing DX post to the DX post pick-up/drop-off point at the end of the day (5/5:30pm)
- Document destruction through the destroy in 60 days process
- Distribution of in-bound and out-bound faxes
- Maintenance of Dovetail, document management system
- Maintenance of Indigo – archived file location report
- Monitoring and fulfilling in-bound administration requests from across the firm via Desk
- File archiving and retrieval process
- Various printing and scanning jobs
- Notifying the Support Services Manager of any Stationery Stock that is running low so an order can be requested
At the end of the apprenticeship there is the possibility to move onto a paralegal apprenticeship
- 25 days holiday
- Company Pension scheme
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise to work to deadlines
- Exceptional team player, resilient and calm under pressure with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong IT technical skills including a thorough working knowledge of Microsoft applications and an ability to embrace the use of new systems and software
- Previous experience within a customer facing role is required. Work experience within professional services is beneficial
- A driven can-do attitude with an ability to follow direction with initiative, discretion and confidentiality
- Proactive approach to work with an attention for detail and a strong motivation to learn
- 5 GCSEs or equivalent Level 9 to 4 (A* to C) must include maths and English
- A levels or equivalent are required.
- Business administration Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 2 in ICT, maths and English