At Sharpsmart, we provide a full range of services to the healthcare sector, from the collection, treatment and disposal of sharps and clinical waste, to providing ongoing training and support to healthcare workers in order to reduce injury and creating an environmentally sustainable service.
We have inspiring plans for growth and now have the opportunity to offer long term training and development to a Business Administration Apprentice. A great prospect for someone who is eager to learn in a fast paced and varied environment.
The Business Administration Apprentice will sit within our People and Culture department in Spennymoor and offer support to our National Customer Service team. Working closely with HR and Recruitment the role will be responsible for various administrative tasks whilst gaining an understanding of the business needs.
- Arranging telephone screens for recruitment team
- Sending reminders to hiring managers for recruitment updates across each site
- Collating reporting information from PeopleHR and Lever systems
- Travel booking management
- Obtaining reference requests for new hires
- Updating internal HR and Recruitment systems
- Preparing interview packs, scorecards and Predictive Index reports
- Customer Service Administration duties
- Maintenance of the company intranet page
- Postal / courier responsibilities, sending and arranging deliveries
- Event planning support
- Continuous improvement administration
- G&A Compliance document management support
This is a fantastic opening to gain permanent employment in a varied and ever-expanding industry. Sharpsmart has an enviable reputation for well trained, high quality staff and this is a career opportunity not to be missed.
- Previous experience of using IT systems to update data accurately
- Ability to communicate effectively across departments
- Corporate process adherence
- Able to work collaboratively
- Positive and friendly personality
- Excellent attention to detail
- A fast learner and able to adapt to any situation
- Highly organised, meticulous and dependable with the ability to multi-task
- Maths and English at Grade 4/C (or equivalent) and above desirable although not essential
- Business Administration Level 2 qualification
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
This apprenticeship programme is delivered with a blended learning approach and includes a mixture of onsite tutor visits and online tutor led sessions. All delivery is completed in the workplace and you will not need to attend any off-site training.