What will the apprentice be doing?
- First point of contact for telephone/email enquiries
- Producing/updating a variety of documents e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Undertaking diary/meeting room management, hospitality etc
- Taking minutes/notes of meetings, monitoring actions arising
- Making travel/accommodation arrangements
- Working to the Executive Assistant providing administrative support with communications/marketing projects
- Supporting the Executive Assistant with central recruitment campaigns and event management
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Completion of a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship. This will entail professional development in all 3 areas of the apprenticeship to ensure the knowledge, skills and behaviours meet the national standard. In return the apprentice will receive the necessary training and support from the Trust in a form of on and off the job training and mentoring.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The administration role may be a gateway to further career opportunities, such as senior administration/PA and support roles across the Trust. The Trust consists of 22 schools (secondary colleges and primary) and a Teaching and Learning Institute which are in relatively close geographical proximity to one another, across south Devon, Plymouth and south east Cornwall.
Reality CheckAbility and willingness on occasions to travel to and work from other Trust schools/business sites
Skills RequiredCommunication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience
Qualifications RequiredGCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
A Level or equivalent Business Studies (Grade pass) Desired
A Level or equivalent Economics (Grade pass) Desired