Provide general administration assistance to GP team and practice manager as required.
- Gain a working knowledge of the clinical computer system
- Become knowledgeable of medical terminology
- Chase up reports to other providers
- Become proficient with tasks in the clinical system
- Learn how to code entries as needed
- Learn use of scanner and fax machine
- Become proficient in the use of NHS email
- Typing recall letter
- Ad hoc administration duties when required
- In the course of seeking treatment, patients entrust us with, or allow us to gather, sensitive information in relation to their health and other matters. They do so in confidence and have the right to expect that staff will respect their privacy and act appropriately
- In the performance of the duties outlined in this Job Description, the post-holder may have access to confidential information relating to patients and their carers, Practice staff and other healthcare workers. They may also have access to information relating to the Practice as a business organisation. All such information from any source is to be regarded as strictly confidential
- Information relating to patients, carers, colleagues, other healthcare workers or the business of the Practice may only be divulged to authorised persons in accordance with the Practice policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
Any other tasks allocated by the practice manager which may be reasonably expected of a business administrator
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability.
If the Apprentice proves to be successful with his/her duties, the role may be expanded once the apprenticeship is completed.
- IT literate
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Eager to learn
- Team player
Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to establish course suitability. Ideally applicants should have at least 4 GCSEs or equivalents including English and maths at grades 9- 4 for a Level 3 Apprenticeship and 9-3 for a Level 2.
Proof of qualifications will be required before you can be accepted onto the apprenticeship.
PLEASE NOTE: All applicants regardless of entry requirements will be emailed an Initial Assessment to complete as part of the recruitment procedure. This is an online assessment in English and maths and can be completed at your preferred location remotely. Currently, due to COVID19 we are not usually offering Initial Assessment appointments at either campus. Those without the stated entry requirements or awaiting GCSE/GCSE retake grades, will be offered further advice and guidance to support their application if required.
- The learner may be expected to undertake functional skills qualifications in English, maths and ICT (as required) and a related technical certificate, if applicable
- College Attendance: No College attendance
- Training for all job specific tasks will be given. In addition the apprentice will have the support and guidance of a qualified assessor from the college, who will make on-site visits every 6-8 weeks