- To gain overall experience within a busy school office environment
- To welcome parents, staff, students and visitors to the school and operate the friendly ‘Open Door’ policy
- To provide a professional and efficient front of house service to all visitors and stakeholders within the community and wider areas
- To successfully carry out the full range of duties as a Receptionist (answer calls, emails, filing, post distribution etc.)
- To be a member of the wider administration team and to contribute to the development of whole-school administration and to assist with its delivery.
- To support and learn various tasks and skills within the admin office.
- To welcome visitors and direct them as appropriate.
- To work on reception and have an understanding of how to deal with all stakeholders.
- To sustain a welcoming environment and meet visitors needs with sensitivity, understanding and compassion.
- To use a variety of software packages including MIS systems and Microsoft Office to complete relevant duties and tasks.
- To work with the Office Manager to ensure the quality of the school’s administration and the smooth running of the office
- To provide high-quality admin support for the whole school as part of the school’s admin team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To welcome visitors in a professional and hospitable manner, ensuring signing-in procedures are followed with due regard to Safeguarding procedures.
- To ensure there are appropriate standards of tidiness and order in the school reception area so as to project a professional and welcoming environment for parents, students and visitors to the school.
- To receive and prioritise incoming telephone calls and visitor queries and deal with them appropriately and professionally, including recording and distributing messages as required.
- To receive and sign for deliveries to the school and arrange for distribution of these to the appropriate member of staff.
- To provide administrative support in such areas as word processing, updating and extracting computer information MIS, inputting data, photocopying and filing etc.
- To have knowledge and understanding of the various software packages with the admin environment.
- To deal with any student queries and re-direct as necessary.
- To assist with the post, including distributing incoming mail and weighing, stamping and logging of all outgoing post from the school.
- To be aware of, and work in, accordance with the school’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policies and procedures, and to raise any concerns relating to such procedures which may be noted during the course of duty.
- To be aware of and adhere to the applicable rules, regulations, legislation and procedures of the Trust and school e.g. Safeguarding Policy, Code of Conduct, Health and Safety policy, GDPR etc.
- To maintain confidentiality of information acquired in the course of undertaking the duties of the role.
- To be responsible for your own continuing self-development, undertaking training as appropriate.
- To work under the supervision of the Office Manager to ensure that letters are typed in the right format and to assist with the distribution of whole school letters.
- To maintain complete confidentiality.
- To undertake any other duties as required by the Senior Operations Manager or Principal that are commensurate with the grade of this post.
- To support the Admin team and learn
We believe that by working in our organisation you will be given the opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and experience that will allow you to be successfully employed in the future in the business administration field.
- Works well with other people
- Ability to follow instructions and complete tasks set
- Able to work using own initiative
- Able to communicate effectively in spoken or written form
- Well organised
- Able to use ICT – word processing, emails, internet, social media
- Positive ‘can do’ attitude
- High expectations
- Sense of humour
- Team player
GCSE maths and English Grade A-C/9-4 or equivalent
- Business Administration Level 3 Standard
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (if required)
- Impact training