Business Administration Apprentice
UNIVERSITY OF DERBY
The successful applicant will be working in a busy school office and must be adaptable to move quickly from one job task to another. The person must be reliable, honest and committed to the role. The successful candidate will be working as an Apprentice Administration Assistant and will be jointly responsible for the following tasks:
- To receive and welcome all visitors to the school in a friendly and professional manner
- Process ID checks for all visitors in accordance with the Trust safeguarding procedures, ensuring that everyone is signed in and out and wearing appropriate identification
- To seek to ensure the safety and welfare of pupils by being aware of unexpected visitors and reporting to the senior management team any concerns
- To ensure that all queries, either in person or by telephone are dealt with efficiently and appropriately
- To keep display material up to date in the office and reception area, including parent packs, standard forms etc, and replenish as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the office
- To operate the school’s pupil database (SIMS) and maintain details of all the children. Using SIMs to record attendance and input pupil information
- Administering minor first aid and contacting parents if required
- Ensure that pupils arriving late and those leaving early are recorded in accordance with school policy
- To support in following up a child’s first day of absence, seeking the reason for unexplained pupil absence and enquire from parents by telephone, text messaging service/letter
- Complete administration tasks filing/typing/reprographics and design as and when requested
There is potential for permanent employment on completion of your apprenticeship.
You will be working within an educational setting handling personal data. The college is committed to treating all data and information with confidentiality and you will be expected to adhere to this policy at all times both when at work and not.
Please consider how you will get to work each day.
- Good work ethic
- Good attention to detail
- Team player
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft suite systems would be advantageous
- A team player who is friendly, professional, reliable organised and willing to learn, to join our existing experienced reception and administration team
GCSE Maths and English at grade 4/C or above (or the equivalent).
If you have not already achieved GCSE Maths and English grade 4/C or above, you may be able to study towards equivalent qualifications, as part of your apprenticeship, dependant on personal circumstances.
- Level 2 Business Administration Qualification
- If you have not already achieved GCSE Maths and English grade 4/C or above, you may be able to study towards equivalent qualifications, as part of your apprenticeship, dependant on personal circumstances
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.