Business Administration Apprentice
Victor Street Surgery
BOOM TRAINING LIMITED
Victor Street Surgery are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Administration Apprentice within a busy and fast-paced environment.
Job duties will include;
- Dealing with the practices generic email account in conjunction with the Medical Secretary team, which will include reading, responding to, distributing emails received to the correct individual/teams
- Processing eConsults
- Scanning and processing clinical paperwork through a defined workflow process, which will, for example, include patient letters, hospital reports, and results and out of hours notifications onto patients’ records, etc.
- Telephone Duties: answering the telephone within a reasonable time, dealing with requests and enquiries courteously and politely. Contacting hospitals, Health Authorities and various other agencies for results, appointments, booking, referrals, and patient information
- Use the practice clinical system, for example, to be able to call up patient details and make sure these details are correct. Add administrative notes to the patient records as and when required. The input of statistical data required by the Practice and retrieval of data when required
- Helping colleagues in the execution of their duty of care. Facilitating patient care, comfort, and safety in the surgery. Be responsible for allotted tasks and their completion
- Supporting the Administration Manager in reporting and gathering any statistical data that are required
- To assist the Administration Manager with clerical and administrative duties that support the smooth running of the practice
Other duties from time to time may also include:
- Patient Registration: Process registration of new patients as required to ensure the correct information is given by new patients when they register and give them the information of what the Practice provides
- Reception Desk: the greeting of patients, dealing with their enquiries in a courteous and polite manner. Giving out previously prepared repeat prescriptions, making appointments and booking patients in for surgeries and clinics
There may be an opportunity to join the surgery at the end of the apprenticeship. If this is not the case, you will leave with a variety of office-based skills that can be transferred to any office-based/customer service environment.
Indicative salary would be approx. £8.30 per hour.
Full training will be given in order to complete the above duties to the best of your ability. Having had successful apprentices in the past, Victor Street Surgery are a very supportive company.
Your working week will be:
Monday - Friday and maybe an occasional Saturday morning. You will be required to do 37.5 hours per week.
8:30 am - 5 pm with a 1-hour lunch break, this may change accordingly.
The surgery is open from 7:30 am - 6:30 pm 5 days a week.
- Experience of using a computer
- Good standard of communication both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Able to work without direct supervision but knows when to seek help
- Able to use own judgment, resourcefulness and common sense
- An understanding, acceptance, and adherence to the need for strict confidentiality
- An understanding and acceptance of one's capabilities and awareness of own limitations
- Able to work within a close team environment
- Able to adapt to changing environments
- Bubbly personality
- Good timekeeper
No formal qualification required.
- A skills-based qualification in Business & Administration
- A knowledge-based qualification in Business & Administration
- A behaviour-based qualification in Business & Administration
- City & Guilds Business Diploma Level 3
- Functional Skills English (unless exempt)
- Functional Skills maths (unless exempt)
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.