Business Administration Apprentice
Carers' Support - Canterbury Dover & Thanet
KENT COUNTY COUNCIL
You will work as part of the HUB and Admin team who provide direct support to the Carer Support Coordinators and the wider organisation. The team are supportive and friendly and are looking forward to sharing their skills and knowledge with an enthusiastic and motivated individual.
The work environment can be a busy one, and the team are required to be responsive to changing priorities. Therefore, a positive attitude and flexibility are key attributes for team members.
We value our employees and provide opportunities to learn, develop and contribute to the development of the organisation and the services that we deliver to carers.
- Provide admin support to the Carer Support Co-ordinators as directed
- Process incoming registrations/applications
- Data input
- Updating of appointments in diary as directed
- Any other reasonable tasks requested by management or the trustees
- Monitor e-mail inboxes as directed
- Potential for full time employment for the right candidate
- There are opportunities to progress from a Level 2 to a Level 3 qualification
- Many employers retain apprentices in full/part time positions
- The Qualifications you gain can also help you to get into higher education or other employment
- Being an apprentice gives you the opportunity to gain a recognised qualification and developing professional skills whilst earning a salary, inside some of Kent’s best companies
- Once the Apprenticeship has been achieved you will have the skills, abilities and experience to update and enhance your CV, to make it attractive to potential employers
***The employer has asked that you do not contact them directly. Doing so could jeopardise your application***
If you do not meet the criteria for this position, your application will not be considered.
We will be interviewing candidates who meet the criteria as they apply and will recruit after a successful interview which may be before the closing date.
You will be responsible for your travel expenses to and from your place of work. Therefore, you must have the means to get to your place of work on a daily basis whilst awaiting for your first wages to be paid.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
- Have good IT skills
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Able to follow guidance, and work as part of a team
- Able to cope well in a busy environment
- Ability to be flexible when priorities change
GCSE grades 9-3 (A* to D) in maths and English or equivalent qualifications in these subjects.
Business and Administration level 2 framework
On the job training with the employer whilst working towards the Apprenticeship Framework; consisting of the Intermediate NVQ Level, Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS) and the Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR) Workbook. It may be necessary for you to complete Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT – subject to previous achieved grades.
Regular work based assessments/observations carried out by Kent Training & Apprenticeships Tutor Assessor, to determine competency and meet with Awarding Body standards.
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.