Business Administration Apprentice
About the role.
You will sit within the Contract Support Team for Facilities and will both assist and support the work of the department/division, by participating and contributing to the delivery of services and projects, allocated and supported by the supervising manager.
You will undertake formal learning and be enrolled onto the relevant apprenticeship programme.
As a member of the Facilities Division you will be expected to positively contribute to team objectives, ensuring the delivery of quality information and advice whilst providing excellent customer service.
- Undertake a course of studies and develop a broad range of skills within the requirements of the service to achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Apprenticeship
- To maintain regular contact with the appointed learning provider's Training Advisor during the period of the Apprenticeship, i.e. the college contact
- Under supervision, work closely with other team members to assist in team objectives
- Understand own role within the team and operate as an effective and reliable team member
- Achieve own accountabilities and help to meet the demands of the team by providing assistance when required
- Ensure own work area is in a good/safe condition and take action as appropriate to reduce/minimise risk to self and others, reporting issues where necessary. Undertake any relevant Health and Safety
- To use IT packages effectively, updating and maintaining computerised systems as required, to ensure the Service performs successfully
- To achieve agreed personal performance and development targets
- To be the first point of contact for customers across a range of channels including telephone, e-mail, face to face
- To effectively handle customers' queries and requests, providing accurate information by retrieving required knowledge/content using available resources
- To input data onto a variety of systems/spreadsheets to enter and update both customer and contract information
- To assist with daily post distribution
- To provide general administrative support that will enable the delivery of an excellent customer focused service, including the creation of basic correspondence, telephone and face-to-face enquiries are dealt with promptly and accurately
We are looking for someone who can work well as part of a team and build a strong set of skills around administration.
Please view the Role Profile; your application will need to explain how you meet the stated criteria. More guidance is available on how to complete the application and your supporting statement.
The position will close at midnight on the closing date.
- There may be opportunity to progress to further training upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
- You will need to be a keen, committed person with a willingness to learn. You will need to be polite, helpful and have a can do attitude
- Excellent communication skills are essential
- You will need to possess good computer skills and demonstrate accuracy. The ability and willingness to learn new programmes and systems is important
Required Skills and Experience:
- The ability to undertake an apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 and eligible for funding based on qualifications/skills already attained
- The ability to undertake regular learning, which may include: day/block release travel to the learning provider's location (e.g. college); distance/online learning; and/or observations in the workplace as required
- The ability to communicate with others in a range of media e.g. telephone, face to face and e-mail in order to give and receive information accurately
- The ability to organise own allocated workload with line management support to deliver targets and deadlines
- An understanding of general office IT applications including Microsoft Work, Excel and Outlook
- We are looking for someone who can work well as part of a team and build a strong set of skills around administration
- Able to use own initiative
- Good at data entry processing
- Able to work well as part of a team
- GCSE/Functional Skills maths and English Grade D/E (Level 1) essential
You will be working towards a Level 2 Business Administration Diploma, including:
- Work-based and Knowledge Components
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- English and maths Functional Skills, if required
Sign up for apprenticeship alerts - its free
People who applied for this apprenticeship also applied for:
This page contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. The information provider is the Education and Skills Funding Agency.